Sign in to follow this  
Dr Beinfest

2011-12 NFL Thread

Take a look at the Browns schedule, they dont play anyone.

I agree with Iowa. the Lions have a killer schedule. If they had the Browns schedule, they'd win 11 games. I still think they can get into the playoffs with a 9-7 record.

Are we talking about the same Browns vs. the same Lions? The Schedules look pretty comparable to me. Unless you guys think that Minnesota is a powerhouse.

I dont think so. The Browns play the NFC west and AFC South.

Their first four games are

Cincinnati
at Indy (probably no Manning)
Miami
Tennessee

They can easily start the season 4-0.

That's followed with @Oakland, Seattle and @ SF.

All those teams had losing records last year except the Colts. However, the Colts will most likely be without Manning.

I don't buy into the Bears or Cowboys being worth a sh*t. So that leaves 2 games against Green Bay, late-season San Diego and a pile of useless.

The Browns have the Steelers twice, the Ravens twice, and Green Bay

I don't buy into the Bears or Cowboys being worth a sh*t. So that leaves 2 games against Green Bay, late-season San Diego and a pile of useless.

The Browns have the Steelers twice, the Ravens twice, and Green Bay

If you dont want to buy into the Bears that is fine. They were still an 11-5 team last year.

The Lions play 8 teams that won at least 10 games last season plus San Diego.

The Browns play 5 teams that won at least 10 games. One of those teams is the colts in Week 2 who will almost certainly not have Peyton Manning.

The Lions play 6 teams that did not have winning records in 2010.

The Browns play 12 teams that did not have winning records in 2011.

Seems pretty clear to me...

Bears

2006: 13-3
2007: 7-9
2008: 9-7
2009: 7-9
2010: 11-5
2011: ???? - I am going with 8-8, tops.

2010 was 2010. You probably think the Vikings should have been counted as a "tough schedule" opponent last year based upon 2009.

Outside of myself, everyone and their mother picked Minnesota to be a playoff team last year. That was one of my main satisfactions last year (other than bears playing well) was seeing minnesota stink and knowing that they were going to stink.

I am curious as to why Detroit is such a sexy pick this year. Their QB can't stay healthy, they have no running game, thin WR corps outside Megatron, tough schedule (IMO) and one of the worst secondaries in the league. 7-9

As far as the bears, we'll see. I'm optimistic for the season but that is SOP with me.

Bears
2011: ???? - I am going with 8-8, tops.

I have them at 10-6. If they can get through the first 7 games without a complete disaster, they have a very good chance to do some major damage after the bye, much like last year.

But its the NFL, who really knows.

I think your selling the Lions short. They're passing game, if Stafford stays healthy, can be really good. They have a good trio of receivers, a good pair of tight ends, and Jahvid Best, who is explosive. That's a legit passing game. Defensively, they have a great line. That can cover weaknesses in the secondary.

It's all potential right now, but the Lions can be good. If they stay healthy, I wouldn't be surprised if they challenge for the WC spot. I don't expect them, too, though. I think they're another good draft/FA Agency period away from being legit playoff contenders.