2011-12 NFL Thread

Bears

2006: 13-3
2007: 7-9
2008: 9-7
2009: 7-9
2010: 11-5
2011: ???? - I am going with 8-8, tops.

2010 was 2010. You probably think the Vikings should have been counted as a "tough schedule" opponent last year based upon 2009.

What are you talking about? Of course they should have been counted as a tough team going into last season. They were a bad interception away from going to the superbowl in 2009.

You do understand that strength of schedule is based on last season's win loss record right? Look, there will always be teams that look good (or bad) on paper and turn out to be the opposite. However, until they actually do it, you have to consider them them based on how they were last year.

The Bears were 11-5 last year and until they are proven to be a weak them, they are a tough team to play against.

i understand that the creation of a schedule is based upon the previous year's schedule - but looking at the teams on Detroit's schedule this season - based upon what I think those teams will do this season - I don't think it is going to be all that daunting.

They were hardly good looking last season though.

I think they'll pull through and be respectable, at the very least. I'm pissed though because I got 3 Indy players, I only expected Manning out for week 1.

What do you guys reckon about the Bucs this year? Here are my projections:

Detroit W
@Minnesota W
Atlanta L
Indianapolis W
@San Francisco W
New Orleans W
Chicago W
BYE
@New Orleans L
Houston W
@Green Bay L
@Tennessee W
Carolina W
@Jacksonville W
Dallas L
@Carolina W
@Atlanta L

Too ambitious at 11-5? And that's with me projecting 1-3 against our main divisional rivals (NO, ATL)

i understand that the creation of a schedule is based upon the previous year's schedule - but looking at the teams on Detroit's schedule this season - based upon what I think those teams will do this season - I don't think it is going to be all that daunting.

And that is fine. Everyone gets their opinion.

Manning could be out for the season. That's another team we don't have to go through in order to get to the playoffs.

Well sort of. The AFC south only sent one team to the playoffs last year, which was the Colts. Now either Houston or Tennessee will make the playoffs. The dolphins can't take an AFC South's playoff spot.

Dolphins may have their first black out since 1998 next week. More than 10,000 tickets remain.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-miami-dolphins-patriots-sellout-20110908,0,7290802.story

What do you guys reckon about the Bucs this year? Here are my projections:

Detroit W
@Minnesota W
Atlanta L
Indianapolis W
@San Francisco W
New Orleans W
Chicago W
BYE
@New Orleans L
Houston W
@Green Bay L
@Tennessee W
Carolina W
@Jacksonville W
Dallas L
@Carolina W
@Atlanta L

Too ambitious at 11-5? And that's with me projecting 1-3 against our main divisional rivals (NO, ATL)

All of the games you marked as a win are certainly winnable, but I don't think that Tampa Bay is going to go 11-5. I would expect that TB would drop 1 of 5 games against the "should win" crowd of MIN, JAX, TENN, and Carolina and I would be wary of Houston as well.

Manning could be out for the season. That's another team we don't have to go through in order to get to the playoffs.

Well sort of. The AFC south only sent one team to the playoffs last year, which was the Colts. Now either Houston or Tennessee will make the playoffs. The dolphins can't take an AFC South's playoff spot.
Tennessee? I don't see it. I don't expect much from them.