Sign in to follow this  
Dr Beinfest

2011-12 NFL Thread

I swear Da Bears are the only team that make Aaron Rodgers look somewhat human.

Nice drive by the Saints.. hopefully we see a good game to start out the season.

A little mystified why the Jags cut Garrard less than a week before the season opener.... I know Gabbert's the future here but sheesh...

Anyway with Peyton out the AFC South is up for grabs.

A little mystified why the Jags cut Garrard less than a week before the season opener.... I know Gabbert's the future here but sheesh...

He was outplayed by the backup and the rookie qb all preseason. No reason to pay him 8 mil for another .500 season.

I don't get that at all.

Even if they're going to keep Gerrard on the bench.

Maybe the Dolphins should go after Gerrard. God only knows we have nothing for starts, backup, and third string. Well, Matt Moore's not a bad #2.

He was outplayed by the backup and the rookie qb all preseason. No reason to pay him 8 mil for another .500 season.

He was also coming off a back injury, no? And a 4 year starter probably shouldn't need to "win" the job by having a good preseason, I mean what the hell is that.

When it's said & done, he's not a superstar or anything, I'll be more excited to watch Gabbert. But if that was the case, why waste the whole preseason when they could've just cut him in the offseason and given McCown & Gabbert all the time?

It just reeks of amateur hour and the Jaguars are already seen as barely an NFL team as it is...

God I hate the packers but MAN i love football. Maybe its me, but I would have rather had the ball in the hands of Drew Brees than a rook on the final play of the game. Good times.. now hurry up weekend!

God I hate the packers but MAN i love football. Maybe its me, but I would have rather had the ball in the hands of Drew Brees than a rook on the final play of the game. Good times.. now hurry up weekend!

You beat me to it. Tonight's game shows how superior the NFL is to every sport. The opening game of the NFL has more drama than an entire NBA or MLB season.

Manning could be out for the season. That's another team we don't have to go through in order to get to the playoffs.

Well sort of. The AFC south only sent one team to the playoffs last year, which was the Colts. Now either Houston or Tennessee will make the playoffs. The dolphins can't take an AFC South's playoff spot.
Tennessee? I don't see it. I don't expect much from them.

Oh I dont think so either, but that division is wide open so you have to include them. Colts have Kerry Collins starting and Jaguars have Luke McCown starting. As bad as I think they will be, you have to include them in the mix.