Sign in to follow this  
Dr Beinfest

2011-12 NFL Thread

1 more day till Sit-on-my-arse-Sundays return!

By this I mean soccer matches at 1.30pm and 4pm followed by NFL at 6pm and 9pm

Oh yeah baby!

Thats a pretty sweet set up.

Ever stay up for the 1:30am game?

Used to often watch half and record the rest when I was a student. However as of 2 weeks ago I'm now in the big bad world of work so cant really stay up that late! Will most likely record the game and watch it on a Monday night.

Do you get the NFL international pass and watch games on your computer, or do you just watch what is aired on local tv?

What games/teams are usually aired?

We get 4 games on satellite each week - 1 ET, 4ET, SNF and MNF (more if there are Thurs/Sat games).

For example, they have announced the first 3 weeks of chosen games:

Steelers-Ravens & Giants-Redskins
Bucs-Vikings & Chargers-Patriots
Giants-Eagles & Packers-Bears

They do tend to show a lot of NFC East games/Patriots/Colts/Chargers/Packers/Steelers/Saints since generally they are teams with more support here.

However from about Week 10 onwards they make decisions on which games to air based on standings so we get to watch meaningful contests.

So many touchbacks with that new rule :(

If it results in fewer 47 year old former NFL players killing themselves or needing adult diapers and daily care around the house, I'm all for it.

Are there any statistics that show that players are more likely to get injured during a kickoff?

So many touchbacks with that new rule :(

If it results in fewer 47 year old former NFL players killing themselves or needing adult diapers and daily care around the house, I'm all for it.

Yeah! Let's have them play flag football!

Nice to see the Bears put a beating on Atlanta. Defensive front 7 looks awesome. The DL is absolutely destroying Matt Ryan. Henry Melton will be a breakout star.. Urlacher looks spry as ever. Cutler and the offense looks very fluid. Just need to capitalize in the red zone more. Bear down!