2011-2012 NBA Thread

poptart

This team has no heart. Sure, they have loads of toughness, but in two years of watching this core group together I have yet to see one ounce of will to win. Last season, I saw Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and the rest of the Mavericks show more determination in a six game series against the Heat than I have seen in Miami in two season minus the Celtics/Bulls series of last postseason.

I know the players care about winning, but I don't see the "we must win" look in any of our players eyes (minus Chris Bosh, but he can't make that kind of difference). There's always the numbers people that will throw out that the Heat turned the ball over too much, the team still sucks at free throws, and the lack of an inside presence has killed them, but there's no freaking heart. I wish Jimmy McGinty was the coach of the Heat, so he can teach this team something about giving a bleep.

/rant

Oh, and Lebron and Wade, despite there numbers, placed admirably in this loss. It just seemed that after that Wade block that led to a Pietrus three pointer, the energy of the Heat team died. It's sad, and while the team can still win at the TD Garden, they've shown no reason to believe in them now.

The biggest game of the Big Three Era (haven't we said this a million times?) is Thursday, because if they don't win, we're going to have to sit through an entire offseason of listening to ESPN complain about how the Heat should fire Spoelstra, trade Bosh and/or Wade, and get rid of every bench player. And the Heat, as they should, will do nothing but minor adjustments during the offseason.

This team has no heart. Sure, they have loads of toughness, but in two years of watching this core group together I have yet to see one ounce of will to win. Last season, I saw Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, and the rest of the Mavericks show more determination in a six game series against the Heat than I have seen in Miami in two season minus the Celtics/Bulls series of last postseason.

I know the players care about winning, but I don't see the "we must win" look in any of our players eyes (minus Chris Bosh, but he can't make that kind of difference). There's always the numbers people that will throw out that the Heat turned the ball over too much, the team still sucks at free throws, and the lack of an inside presence has killed them, but there's no freaking heart. I wish Jimmy McGinty was the coach of the Heat, so he can teach this team something about giving a bleep.

/rant

Lebron and Wade combined for 23 points in the 4th quarter.

Not using Bosh more was inexplicable, but this team does not have the depth and talent behind those guys. I think it's lazy to simply pin in on a lack of "heart." I can't definitely say they don't have a lack of heart, but that seems to be a cop out.

/rant

/skipbayless

/rant

/skipbayless

I definitely Skip Bayless'd, but I've seen a ton of apathy late in games the last two years. I remember watching the 06 Heat team, that had some of the laziest, worst work ethic kind of guys, and they had an attitude that correlated with a desire to win more than this current group.

The Heat put a lot of this team together in the last two years and expected (or at least hoped) for team chemistry and for the team to gell. It hasn't happened, and it's extremely apparent when you watch them on the court. The Celtics have that kind of chemistry and trust in one another that's helping them beat this more talented Miami Heat team.

I don't think it's fair to expect this Heat team to dominate without Chris Bosh at 100%. I thought they'd win this series (and they still have a shot, really), but I didn't think they'd beat the Spurs or Thunder with a healthy Bosh, much less without him healthy.

It is kinda weird he didn't get more minutes tonight. He seemed to be fine.

This is tremendously stupid.

You have seen no ounces of will to win, except for those two series when they showed ounces of will!

Not using Bosh more was inexplicable,

I have an explic. He's hurt. That was pretty obvious when he was on the floor. Especially on defense.

The Heat were outscored by 12 points in his 14 minutes today. He was getting killed on defense because he wasn't able to rotate as quickly as usual. He was definitely not fine.

Not using Bosh more was inexplicable,

I have an explic. He's hurt. That was pretty obvious when he was on the floor. Especially on defense.

The Heat were outscored by 12 points in his 14 minutes today. He was getting killed on defense because he wasn't able to rotate as quickly as usual. He was definitely not fine.

He did suck it up on defense. And it's not like they lost by a bunch such that you can just say "throw any combo against the wall and hope it sticks." That's definitely fair.

They just really need an answer for KG. And when Anthony, Turiaf, and Pittman play a combined ZERO minutes, that's tough to do -- even more so when Bosh [can] play(s) just 14.

Shudder.

Honestly, I think the Heat could use a new head coach. All too often with the game on the line I see the Heat do a play that basically just involves LBJ or Wade beating their man off the dribble to make something happen. Instead of passing the ball around & getting everyone involved I see the Heat all to often just leave LBJ/Wade in isolation so they could beat their man 1 on 1. While that's not the worst plan in the world since LBJ/Wade are arguably the 2 best players in the league, that plan of attack simply doesn't work in the long run. If you rely too much on talent & don't play like a team then the odds are things won't end well. I see the Heat go into some spurts where they move the ball around well & don't shoot until someone gets a wide open shot-but then they'll just follow that up with a long period of stagnant/stationary offense. Not sure what the deal is, but with LBJ & Wade on the floor the Heat should only be taking wide open shots...and that's when LBJ/Wade aren't able to take it all the way to the hoop (which they do all the time).

They just really need an answer for KG. And when Anthony, Turiaf, and Pittman play a combined ZERO minutes, that's tough to do -- even more so when Bosh [can] play(s) just 14.

Shudder.

Yeah, I'm also surprised Anthony, Turriaf & Pittman all didn't even enter the game considering Bosh only played 14 mins. Those 3 guys are really poor offensively, but it's really the defense that matters in that position. The Heat's small lineup has been effective against the Celtics in this series-so I'm guessing that's why Spo chose to go with guys like Cole, Jones & Miller off the bench. The Celtics just made some adjustments in this game & Spo didn't re-adjust to the way the Celtics were playing them.

Bosh played great in his 14 mins...Can't believe the Heat were this bad with 3 superstars on the floor.

@tomhaberstroh Heat were a disaster with Bosh on the floor: -12 in his 14 minutes, more TOs (7) than FGs (5), and 1/15 from 10+ feet.

2h ago

If the Heat don't get it done in game 6 & 7 I'd be in favor of trading Bosh over the offseason for a center/bench depth.

Udonis could slide right back into the starting lineup.

The two moves I would like to see happen if they can't get it done:

1. New head coach

2. Trade Bosh as mentioned above.

Chalmers has been impressive this series and Cole has a nice upside. The center position, lack of depth and the fact that Spoelstra has obviously been in over his head not only this series but in the Finals last year is what has hurt us.

If the Heat don't get it done in game 6 & 7 I'd be in favor of trading Bosh over the offseason for a center/bench depth.

Udonis could slide right back into the starting lineup.

The two moves I would like to see happen if they can't get it done:

1. New head coach

2. Trade Bosh as mentioned above.

Chalmers has been impressive this series and Cole has a nice upside. The center position, lack of depth and the fact that Spoelstra has obviously been in over his head not only this series but in the Finals last year is what has hurt us.

Take away the emotion and wade county sh*t, and wade is the one who should be traded.

The "Wade County" thing was the stupidest garbage I've ever seen...before I saw "The Decision." Anyway, you don't trade someone with that amount of talent. Heat really need a center & some bench depth. I totally agree with StantonIsKing, Heat would be much better with just 2 superstars if they actually had a center & some depth.