2011-2012 NBA Thread

poptart

Good points.. I agree. Which is why I think Richardson would be a good fit. (although I realllllly want Afflalo but that's not happening)

Crawford is also arguably the worst defender in the league. Him and Boozer in the same lineup would probably make Thibs (and my) head explode.

Sooooo happy the NBA is coming back.. such a great sport

Chris Paul and Dwight Howard are going to dominate the talk this year.. lots of talk about Howard in LA and Paul in NY.

I think LAC would be a good trade partner for NO and Paul..but apparently he has his eyes set on New York. Would certainly make the East interesting..

..and my wet dream of Howard in Chicago would then grow very big. That seems like a pipe dream though, because even though the bulls have the pieces to acquire him and star to match him with, there has been no talk of it whatsoever of him to chicago.. and otis smith probably wouldn't trade him to an east team anyway.

Deron Williams said he won't resign with NJ, but I'm assuming he could change his mind if NJ acquires Dwight.

Doesn't really have anything to do with that.

Under the new CBA, he can only sign for 2 or 3 years in the last year before his contract is up. I believe it's known as the Melo rule. He tweeted earier that he's not extending because he can get more money and years from NJ or anyone else by waiting.

I'm glad we missed an entire month of the season in part because owners wanted to avoid situations like Melo in Denver, and now we potentially have three popping up.

Yep.. and the bulls desperately need a SG. Tons of names floating around. (Butler, Crawford, Young, Williams, TMac, etc).

I think JRich would be a good fit and may be most realistic of the names mentioned

I think a Butler would be a solid pick up for you guys. JRich, too. Would definitely make you a better team.

One of the interesting things about this season to me will be seeing how the league adjusts to the Bulls. I think the league was caught off guard by the success of the Bulls last year - not because they're not a talented team, just because it happened a little sooner than people expected. Now the league will adjust. We'll see how the Bulls handle that adjustment.

Either way I still have them in the ECF with the Heat.

From Woj:

For now, it is Paul on the market. Howard’s on deck. The New Jersey Nets will have a package of Brook Lopez and picks available for the Magic, enticing Howard with Deron Williams and a new Brooklyn arena to call his own. What’s more, the Chicago Bulls are still a sleeper for Howard, several league executives believe. “Chicago may tell Orlando to take any two or three players – besides [Derrick] Rose,� one GM said. Howard isn’t keen on the cold weather, but the Bulls would have the best point guard-center combination since Magic and Kareem.

I can wish

The Bulls max offer would be along the lines of:

Bulls get: Howard, Turkoglu

Orlando gets: Noah, Asik, Gibson, Deng, 3 first RD picks (2 Bulls, 1 Charlotte), Rights to Mirotic

A lot of Bulls fans don't want to gut their roster but Bulls fans grow way too attached to players.. I'm in the camp that will give anything other than Rose for Howard. Combine the best PG in the NBA and the best C in the NBA and worry about the rest later.

If Rose were the best PG, I would agree. But he isn't even a pure point guard. He's more Allen Iverson than Steve Nash. Deron Williams is a better partner for Dwight.

And Lopez isn't meh. You get Lopez and hopefully draft Anthony Davis, you potentially have a PF/C combination comparable to the Lakers.

Meh is very much the word I would describe when discussing getting Lopez back as the centerpiece of a Dwight Howard deal. The Nets gave up more to get Williams, and Howard is a FAR better player than Williams.

I think I'd take Chicago's offer. Lopez is probably better than Noah, but Deng, Asik, and Gibson are all rotation players on a good team.

Lopez is a pretty good scorer, but he can't be the focal point of a team. He has too many weaknesses, and isn't elite at any skill. At least Noah brings elite defense and rebounding.