Sign in to follow this  
Dr Beinfest

2011-2012 Florida Panthers/NHL Thread

I beg to differ... between the 7 game series Stanley Cup Final to the rioting in Vancouver followed by a Florida Panther re-overhaul followed by arguably the single largest Free Agency Day in Panther history all mixed in with three dead NHLers followed by the deaths of all 37 KHLers of an entire team roster (a fair share of whom were notable NHLers and former Panthers).

In my eyes, it's been the longest off season ever, that needs to end now!

My expectations are in check. I don't expect the team to make the playoffs, but I do expect them to play hard and make the games entertaining to watch.

Can't make it riding Vokoun's back...

Granted you can't win a Stanley Cup without a great goalie...

But lets take this one step at a time.

A great team can.

Edit: Not that I think this is a great team, just saying. I think they can make the playoffs, for a change? That'd be nice...

More than just a great team. An exceptional team can win a Stanley Cup without a great goaltender. But, for the most part, history will tell that the winning team has both a Stanley Cup team and either a goalie who was already good or who shined in the playoffs.