Manatees and Mermaids

Hollyberry

"It's cold," says Angel Villarreal, better known as the booty-shaking, 280-pound Chubbalicious. "We stood by them when times were tough and got people to go to the stadium. Now the Manatees are getting the rug pulled out from under them."

Oh yeah, cause people really went just to see them......

Yep. People went to see guys like Mike Cameron and Jose Lopez.

"It's cold," says Angel Villarreal, better known as the booty-shaking, 280-pound Chubbalicious. "We stood by them when times were tough and got people to go to the stadium. Now the Manatees are getting the rug pulled out from under them."

Oh yeah, cause people really went just to see them......

Yep. People went to see guys like Mike Cameron and Jose Lopez.

speaking of Cameron...did he retire? I never heard anything about him

• 4 weeks later...

Marlins Mermaids are no more, replaced with Energy Team dance group

It’s official: The Marlins Mermaids will not be part of the team’s new ballpark. Neither will the Marlins Manatees.

I’m not sure how readers will react to this news since beat writers often heard mixed reactions about the Mermaids.

But those in the pro-Mermaids/Manatees camp, don’t worry: There will be a dance group at Marlins games next year, one with men and women.

http://blogs.palmbea...am-dance-group/

---

Well, ****.

Marlins Mermaids are no more, replaced with Energy Team dance group

It’s official: The Marlins Mermaids will not be part of the team’s new ballpark. Neither will the Marlins Manatees.

I’m not sure how readers will react to this news since beat writers often heard mixed reactions about the Mermaids.

But those in the pro-Mermaids/Manatees camp, don’t worry: There will be a dance group at Marlins games next year, one with men and women.

http://blogs.palmbea...am-dance-group/

---

Well, ****.

That seems awfully counter-productive.

Update:

UPDATE: Apparently the fate of the Mermaids a is touchy subject. Marlins vice president PJ Loyello emailed me this update on the fate of the Mermaids, which contradicts what I was told by a PR rep earlier this morning.

“That decision has yet to be made as ALL in-game is still being evaluated. The Energey Teamis just one element that we’re looking into implemeting and the fate of the Mermaids has yet been determined. Sorry for the confusion.�

Update:

UPDATE: Apparently the fate of the Mermaids a is touchy subject. Marlins vice president PJ Loyello emailed me this update on the fate of the Mermaids, which contradicts what I was told by a PR rep earlier this morning.

“That decision has yet to be made as ALL in-game is still being evaluated. The Energey Teamis just one element that we’re looking into implemeting and the fate of the Mermaids has yet been determined. Sorry for the confusion.�

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.