Sign in to follow this  
Iowa

Mark Buehrle, Marlins agree to 4 year/$58 million contract

I think he will need his own thread. I know there hasn't been anything but pure speculation by us (for the most part) but I have to think he may end up being the Marlins #1 offseason target.

Since Pujols and Fielder will probably be priced above our range and with Wilson possibly staying with Texas (or getting way too much money elsewhere).. Buehrle just makes too much sense.. a lefty SP who can give us 200 IP fills a huge need. Considering he will only command a 3 year deal, I'd overpay for him since he fills that need. A 3/30 contract would be ideal but I'd hope the fish would go higher for his services, if need be.

Sign him and beg Javy to come back and we have a pretty formidable rotation for next season. The thing working against us is his midwest connection as the Cubs, Sox and Cards are thought to be his favorites. What think you?

I'm starting to prefer signing Edwin Jackson over Buehrle, but I won't complain either way.

If we could get Javy back, that'd be huge for us. If we add Javy and then go out and get another FA pitcher, the rotation looks very good.

I might be more interested in Buehrle than Wilson right now. Buehrle has 11 straight seasons of 200 IP and has been pretty solid. He might also come at a more reasonable price compared to Wilson.

I'm starting to prefer signing Edwin Jackson over Buehrle, but I won't complain either way.

I'm on Team Buehrle. He's been super consistent for a while now, and consistently solid/good.

I'm terrified of players who have one or two good seasons then get to the FA market, like Edwin Jackson.

i want javy back along with buehrle and then trade ricky and volstad to free up another 11.5 million for next year and maybe we can get that bat (fielder) we need.

then trade gaby and someone else for a starter.