Sign in to follow this  
mystikol87

Pujols to Angels

Would this be comparable to the Lebron signing?... Yeah right? I mean, imagine what the Dolphins must feel like if this deal happens. For the first time in history, baseball and basketball will be more popular than our football team no?

Don't forget the Panthers are hot right now.

Dolphins need Andrew Luck.

Would this be comparable to the Lebron signing?... Yeah right? I mean, imagine what the Dolphins must feel like if this deal happens. For the first time in history, baseball and basketball will be more popular than our football team no?

Hockey too. Panthers are in 1st in their division right now.

Marlins Notes: Pujols, Cespedes, Reyes

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [November 11 at 12:51pm CST]
The Marlins will unveil their new uniforms and logos tonight, when they officially become the Miami Marlins. Here's the latest on the team, which has begun the offseason in style, courting several big-name free agents...
  • The Marlins are serious about signing Albert Pujols and intend to make a competitive offer, according to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald. Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria covets Pujols and envisions him at first base in 2012, according to Spencer.
  • The Marlins are meeting with Pujols and agent Dan Lozano today. You can read the details here.
  • The Marlins like what they saw from Cuban outfielder Yoenis Cespedes yesterday, according to MLB.com's Joe Frisaro. "We think we're a great fit because we're Miami, and we're a natural destination for any Cuban player, any Latin player," Marlins president David Samson said. "We are the Gateway to the Americas. We're the Miami Marlins. I think that he agrees, but we have to make a deal that makes sense for both parties."
  • The Marlins are more likely to sign Jose Reyes and Cespedes than Pujols, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro.

You have to draw the line somewhere, and hockey is where its at. Even if the panthers sign the dreamteam, it would never be as popular as baseball, let alone football or basketball. If Marlins somehow get Pujols, it would be Heat>Marlins>Dolphins>>>>Panthers no?

You have to draw the line somewhere, and hockey is where its at. Even if the panthers sign the dreamteam, it would never be as popular as baseball, let alone football or basketball. If Marlins somehow get Pujols, it would be Heat>Marlins>Dolphins>>>>Panthers no?

What ever the order, the future of South Florida sports looks bright.

Remember, this is South Florida. Popularity comes when wins do. The Panthers were very popular back in the 90's due to their early success. And with the Dolphins sucking and no NBA right now, people will begin to pay attention.

How quickly we forget the mid-90's. Panthers were winning so Panthers were big. Hell, a couple years ago when it looked like they were going to make the playoffs with a big push, it was hard to get tickets to the last week or two of games.

Remember, this is South Florida. Popularity comes when wins do. The Panthers were very popular back in the 90's due to their early success. And with the Dolphins sucking and no NBA right now, people will begin to pay attention.

I just don't think enough people care about hockey though. Even if they were on a verge of an undefeated season, popularity would still pale in comparison to the other franchises. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong or underestimating the popularity of hockey in South Fla.

I just don't think enough people care about hockey though. Even if they were on a verge of an undefeated season, popularity would still pale in comparison to the other franchises. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong or underestimating the popularity of hockey in South Fla.

Yes.

You must not remember the rats.