2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Marlins

I like the two wide recievers Miami got as undrafted free agents over the ones they drafted. Fuller and Moye were both productive in college and have good size/speed combonations. Like the idea of keeping the Tannehill-Fuller connection intact.

I think the Dolphins now have some nice depth at WR with Bess, Hartline, Gates, Fuller, and Moye. Now two of them need to step up and be the go-to-guys.

The undrafted safety Kelcie McCray also intrigues me.

What about Wallace and Moore ? They didn't play much but they are still on the team

Man R.I.P Junior Seau.

4 Saints suspended.

and condolences to his family.

Seau was the one that started "Shop with a Jock" in San Diego and then he continued it here with the Dolphins. Every Thanksgiving and Christmas, the Miami Dolphins players & cheerleaders are paired with deserving under-priviledged kids for a 1 hour Holiday shopping spree at the Publix on Las Olas near downtown Ft Lauderdale. When Junior left in 2005 he gave the blessing to the Dolphins to continue the charity giveaway, and to this day its one of the best things the Dolphins do every year for their community.

crazy - he always seemed like such a happy dude.

yeah wonder if the concussions had taken a toll...

Many times people put on a "happy face" to cover what is really going on inside. They are embarrassed or too shy to admit they have a problem.

A lot of people point out the life expectancy gap between NFL players and the population. I would like to see such figures controlled for BMI, ethnicity, and violence. If the gap is tremendous, then causes should be investigated - be they long term effects of PEDs, concussions, etc.

The effects of multiple hits on the frontal lobe can definitely change a person's personality. I am glad the family is letting his brain go to research and am very curious of the results.

Very sad to see him pass and was very hard to watch his father talk. RIP. The guy was an absolute monster of a football player.

Tannehill might be the QB from week 1...

Speaking at Dolphins rookie minicamp Friday, coach Joe Philbin wouldn't rule out the possibility of Ryan Tannehill starting in Week 1.

Philbin previously said he'd let the "best man win," and he's sticking to that approach. "The difference is going to be the decision-making, the accuracy, the playmaking ability," Philbin insisted. Tannehill has the rare advantage of knowing the Dolphins' offense better than competitors Matt Moore and David Garrard. We fully expect Tannehill to make multiple starts this year.

Broncos fire GM...

Broncos fired GM Brian Xanders.

He's lucky he lasted this long. Promoted to GM in a 2009 package deal that also made Josh McDaniels the Broncos' head coach, Xanders never had much power during the McDaniels regime and was all but zeroed out of the picture when John Elway took over football operations last offseason. Xanders spent 1994 through 2007 working with the Atlanta Falcons as a coach and player personnel evaluator. He has some background with new Bears GM Phil Emery, and could potentially resurface in Chicago in a lower-level capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it was either us or the Jaguars, basically pick your poison.

We really aren't an interesting team to cover. With Brandon Marshall gone, there are not that many interesting people to follow around on the Dolphins.

But Hard Knocks always ends up turning it into an interesting show. Obviously it won't be the Jets kind of interesting last year, but there will be a few interesting moments between the snoozefest.