Reyes Baseball Card

In the Reyes picture it's pretty clear he wasn't wearing a Miami Marlins hat.

I stopped buying cards several years ago, but it would have been cooler if they waited until they could take a real picture of Reyes.

I stopped about 2-4 years ago, I'd guess; buying cards was probably the most "irrational" thing I did in my life :lol

I think cards are a good way to preserve the memory of the moore obscure players. I was more into it for that; I wasn't seeking out the "valuable" cards.

With my collection I try to get a card of every Marlins player, to my shame if they don't make a card of an obscure player I make my own! I've even gotten a few of these autographed! This isn't the worst photoshop of a card I've seen and yes I will own this card, at least until a better one comes along.

I think cards are a good way to preserve the memory of the moore obscure players. I was more into it for that; I wasn't seeking out the "valuable" cards.

Then the best thing to do would be to buy the complete annual sets

I bought the Topps box set a couple of times. I was more interested in the Marlins, though, so I used to hit up card shows sometimes for the common cards. A lot of times sellers would separate them into team sets on their own, which made things easy.

The past several years Topps is known for airbrushing/photoshopping players to rush them into Series I as the first brand and set to feature them in their new uniforms. Sometimes they turn out ok, other times, not so much. Wish they'd just stick to what they use to do (release a second card in the Update set).

I'm with Admin, if they had the time to print cards with him as a member of the Marlins, they should have used a picture from the press conference as opposed to a non-existant picture from a non-existant game. But, that's what you get when Topps has a monopoly on the MLB license. I'm almost wondering if the Reyes card will be a short print dropped in late in the production run (kind of what Topps did with Allen & Ginter two years ago when Strasburg).

On a happier note, two cards I have to own from this set (aside from the Schumacher squirrel card): Ozzie and the Andre Dawson Gold Standard insert; this one is the first card made of Hawk in 16 years NOT wearing a Cubs or Expos uniform (the picture is from his brief stint as a Sox). There's still hope that they'll produce another Marlins card in time (maybe with a Game-used piece of teal jersey, dare I dream?)