Sign in to follow this  
rduffy

New Stadium Pics (NSFW)

I personally think Zack Hample is insufferable, but he recently visited Miami and stopped by the new Marlins stadium on his way to Sun Life. Check it out: http://snaggingbaseballs.mlblogs.com/2011/08/07/8511-at-sun-life-stadium/

He did have some great pics of the new stadium and the interior of sunlife Which seems to be a rarity. Probably don't mean much to you guys who regularly attend but I have wanted to see the stadium since I wouldn't be able to make a trip.

I much prefer Hample to the Happy Youngster.

I've had the run of the upper deck many times growing up going to games. It was always fun to run around the ghost-town parts of dead center. Even more weird to sit there during our rare post season appearances.

Question: In the pic looking down the street with parking garages on the left and right behind "deeep right field" are there going to be commercial spaces for rent on the ground floors of those garages? I remember hearing about incorporating mixed-use commercial space in an attempt to create a yawkee way or wrigleyville atmosphere. I'm just really, really f***ing tired of seeing boring parking garages...redevelopment boards love em.

It's hard to have an ounce of respect for a grown man in his 30s with no real job who travels around the country on his parents' dollar to act like a total douchebag at ballparks and steal balls from children.

I've seen him around plenty because he comes to Camden Yards a lot; to call him "insufferable" is too kind.

It's hard to have an ounce of respect for a grown man in his 30s with no real job who travels around the country on his parents' dollar to act like a total douchebag at ballparks and steal balls from children.

I've seen him around plenty because he comes to Camden Yards a lot; to call him "insufferable" is too kind.

What about the book sales?

Right, right he does have 3 or so books now. He trys to do some good charitable work too. Still dont care much for him though.

Book sales for the types of things that he writes (baseball is a niche market in general, but he's not writing Moneyball, he's writing about snagging baseballs), do not collect a lot in royalties. He comes from a wealthy Manhattan family; that's how he supports his "hobby."

Any joker can write a book and get it published, but very few people can rely on it as a source of income.

And he doesn't really do "charitable work." He has people make pledges for the number of balls he snags. It's something that he tacks on in order to try to legitimize what he does. That's not real charity work.