New Pregame and Post Game Analysts for Marlins Live

B1az3

I don't know if anyone has posted this before but here it is.

-Cliff Floyd

A 17-year Major League Baseball outfielder, World Series Champion and former All-Star, joins FOX Sports Florida for the 2012 season as a pre and post game analyst for select Marlins Live shows.

An Illinois native, Floyd made his major league debut in 1991 when the Montreal Expos drafted him with the 14th pick overall.

In 1997, Floyd was traded to the Florida Marlins and became a key player on a team along with Gary Sheffield, Edgar Renteria, Bobby Bonilla and Kevin Brown. Floyd captured the coveted championship ring when the Marlins won their first of two World Series in '97.

2001 was Floyd's best statistical year in the majors and was awarded the opportunity to play in the Mid Summer Classic. That season Floyd drove in a career high 103 runs, hit 31 home runs and finished 22nd in the NL MVP voting. A heavy fan favorite that season, Floyd was the first ever Florida Marlins bobble head.

After five years with the Marlins, Floyds' career took him to the Montreal Expos, Boston Red Sox, New York Mets, Chicago Cubs, Tampa Bay Rays and then finally ending his career in 2009 with the San Diego Padres.

Cliff hit a total of 233 lifetime home runs and drove in 865 runs with a .278 batting average in his 17-year professional career.

Since his retirement in 2010, Cliff formed his own 501©(3) Non profit charitable organization "Cliff Floyd Foundation." He is a regular host of radio programs nationally distributed on Sirius/XM Satellite Radio.

Floyd resides in Florida with his two children.

-Preston Wilson

Preston Wilson joins the FS Florida staff as a pre and post-game analyst, after enjoying a nine year MLB career. Wilson will add his baseball expertise and analysis to select Marlins Live shows throughout the 2012 season.

Wilson was drafted by the New York Mets in the first round of the 1992 Amateur draft. Preston made his MLB debut in May of 1998. Just two weeks after joining the Mets, he was traded to the Florida Marlins along with two other minor leaguers for catcher Mike Piazza. As a rookie centerfielder, Wilson led the team in home runs and runs batted in. He finished second place in the NL Rookie of the Year balloting. The following season (1999) Wilson joined the 30-30-club, slugging 31 home runs and stealing 36 bases.

During Wilson's MLB career he made stops in Colorado, Washington, Houston and St. Louis. Wilson, like his step father Mookie Wilson in 1986, would win a World Series ring in 2006 as a member of the St. Louis Cardinals.

On February 14, 2009 Wilson announced his retirement from Major League Baseball.

Born in Bamberg, South Carolina, Preston and his family now reside in South Florida.

http://florida.marli...rs.jsp?c_id=mia

It appears there won't be anymore Jeff Conine.

I hope Conine is off television for good.

I don't know about all that, but he was very dry for a tv person. The only thing of his I really liked was his brutal honesty about the team and where they were really heading.

How bad was it when him and Allison Williams were on at the same time? It was awkward overload.

I like Conine, but he was dry as dry could be on the telecasts.

Don't expect Wilson and Floyd to be much more exciting tv personalities, but man will it be awesome to see them on a Marlins telecast again. Those are two guys from the era that I really started watching the Marlins.

All I know is Mike Stanton in twenty or so years is going to be working alongside even older Tommy Hutton and old Rich Waltz.

Preston Wilson might give me depression.

My worst moment as a Marlins fan was him colliding with the ivy at Wrigley Field in a game that lasted like 19 innings or something. Anyway, it was a heartbreaker. And the Marlins lost about 20 consecutive games after that heartbreaker to make it more heartbreaking.

These #'s aren't exactly correct, but the collision to lose the game + the terrible slump that followed certainly happened.

Feel weird about Conine...1993 seen him walking around Broward mall. I was 13 my brother 11 we asked him for an autograph he got real mad and says in mean voice " can u say please" . He is mr marlin but not good on tv.... As for Floyd herd him a bunch if times on radio and has a live and good personality. Don't know about Preston but I think I remember him having fun as a Marlin.

Preston Wilson might give me depression.

My worst moment as a Marlins fan was him colliding with the ivy at Wrigley Field in a game that lasted like 19 innings or something. Anyway, it was a heartbreaker. And the Marlins lost about 20 consecutive games after that heartbreaker to make it more heartbreaking.

These #'s aren't exactly correct, but the collision to lose the game + the terrible slump that followed certainly happened.

I still remember that moment too. He practically broke his face on the brick wall behind the ivy.

f***ing Wrigley....

Won't watch until Reggie Abercrombie joins the crew.

"And we'll be right back with analysis from Julian Tavarez"

"Let's go to our Asian correspondent, Byung-Hyun Kim, with a closer look at the Marlins clubhouse before the first pitch."

"Here's the catching report with Mike Piazza."

I think I read somewhere that Floyd talked bad about the Marlins. This true?

After we traded him. And I believe again during the '03 Series. Something about him and CJ watching it together and rooting against us.

I remember in '02 he really wanted to stick with the Marlins and tried pushing for a long-term deal here, even for a small discount, but they shipped him out mid-season when we were out of the chase. Oh well, water under the bridge.