The killing of Trayvon Martin

StantonisKing

So forensic experts deciding that it isn't Zimmerman screaming has no bearing on anything? And my mind is already made up about this? At least I'm pretty sure that Zimmerman will be brought to justice since he shot an unarmed kid in cold blood even if it takes a while

Please, buy a dictionary of idioms.

I'd like to wait until the justice system actually plays out.

I am pleased with this development. My biggest issue with this situation has been that, prior to today, there was no chance for justice to be served one way or the other. If Zimmerman is exonerated, that is justice. If he is found guilty, that is justice. What happened before was not.

Ta-Nehisi Coates from the Atlantic expressed it better than I did:

"What I know is that I care much more about him being charged, then I do about him being convicted. What always rankled about this case wasn't that Zimmerman might not see a jail cell (that's what judges and juries determine) but that law enforcement had done everything to foreclose that possibility. We may find that they still have. I imagine a lot was lost in bungling. But at the very least this says, 'We take the loss of life seriously.'"

Well, sure.

However what JimmyJack said does not necessarily mean he thinks Zimmerman is guilty.

Knowing what we know about JJ, it is probably a fair assumption.

However I think "About damn time" is a perfectly reasonable reaction to this news regardless of how you feel about his guilt.

After the press decided he was guilty, this guy almost had to be charged with something. Imagine what the entire African-American community would think and do if he wasn't. They would turn the country upside-down, especially in inner city areas.

Not surprised he was charged at all. If (when) he gets his trial, he'll get off easily. No competent jury will convict him with what evidence they have.

I blame this entire case on the media. They've made a child who has been suspended from school 5+ times for bringing weed to school and spraypainting goverment structures out to be made to look like an angel by only mentioning those things as afterthoughts. All they show of the kid is a picture of him when he was 12 years old. They don't even show a recent photo. It's pretty pathetic.

After the press decided he was guilty, this guy almost had to be charged with something. Imagine what the entire African-American community would think and do if he wasn't. They would turn the country upside-down, especially in inner city areas.

Not surprised he was charged at all. If (when) he gets his trial, he'll get off easily. No competent jury will convict him with what evidence they have.

you must be pretty close to the case to know all the evidence that they have.

and yeah what might the african-american community do if he wasn't charged. I mean protesting and such..... the past few weeks I'm not even sure how the national guard hasn't been brought in...

I blame this entire case on the media. They've made a child who has been suspended from school 5+ times for bringing weed to school and spraypainting goverment structures out to be made to look like an angel by only mentioning those things as afterthoughts. All they show of the kid is a picture of him when he was 12 years old. They don't even show a recent photo. It's pretty pathetic.

Oh, he used marijuana and spraypainted something!

Well then it's definitely not a tragedy that he was shot and killed!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.