Who is throwing out the 1st pitch ?

Old Timer

That was a sad "first pitch".

Ali is clearly not up to these things.

I'm surprised and saddened that the parties involved had this happen.

Kudos though to Hanley, who amongst the awkwardness took charge and calmed Ali with one hand while grabbing and co-holding the ball with Ali, thus stopping Ali's shaking.

So...as of now it appears that there wasn't really a first pitch actually thrown.

i agree with the majority of you lads...it was sad to see and just incredibly awkward. the only thing I can think of is that when they decided who was going to throw out the first pitch Ali wasn't nearly this bad. Perhaps he's been rapidly regressing over the last few months or something? it was an awful way to open a stadium. the guy didn't even have anything to do with the Marlins or baseball (that I know of) and a pitch was never thrown! this stadium is now cursed

I mean, fine. But who is synonymous with baseball in Miami?

Andre Dawson, Ron Fraser or Lenny Harris.

I think it would have been a great gesture to the African-American community, had they let Dawson, Harris and CJ do a triple throw out 1st pitch. Especially in the wake of the Trayvon Martin scandal.

I think it would have been a great gesture to the African-American community, had they let Dawson, Harris and CJ do a triple throw out 1st pitch. Especially in the wake of the Trayvon Martin scandal.

I agree.

I think it should've been Al Sharpton, though.

Not a single one of those people would have been a good choice, IMO.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.