4/12 Post game thread

We have the worst bottom of the lineup (5-8) in the national league. If not for Infante playing OUT OF HIS MIND, it would be beyond AAA bad.

Morrison will never be a starting caliber OF, his defense is awful and the guy cant hit. Gaby had a good 40 game stretch last year, other than that, hes one of the worst hitting 1B in baseball. Buck is awful.

You cant win consistently with 4 out of 8 hitters as easy outs.

I just got back from the game, by the way.... I will say one thing - Mark has a NASTY change of speeds on his changeup that you cant appreciate until you see it live. Buck really Effed up not getting that foul ball that turned out to be a dinger.

As bad as he is, we need to put Kearns over LoMo in the OF..... and put Infante up in Gaby's spot.

Logan Morrison can't hit?

Infante is playing out of his mind and the other three are better than they've performed, especially Morrison and Gaby.

Just more crap based on no information/frustration from losing 5 of the first 7.

What if they just play alot better sometimes than what they usually are?

Gaby Sanchez is more often bad than good. Buck is always bad. Morrison had some promise, but hes such a bad fielder, and his hitting has been so poor, its hard to have faith in him.

Omar is playing AWESOME. Hes the only hitter you can say that about right now

Gaby Sanchez is who he is. He's not going to be nor is he being paid to be the best hitter on the team. He's been in the big leagues for two years and overall, both years were just fine. You can't ignore his first halves because his second halves have sucked. They play 162 games and they all count the same so his first half production has not been meaningless.

Morrison's always been a good hitter. Was a good hitter in the minors, did well his first year in the big leagues, and he did just fine with the bat last year too. He had some inconsistencies, but again, you can't ignore the fact that he had his best power season just last year.

Omar is playing awesome, yes. Best hitter on the team after 7 games. When he starts to struggle (which he will at some point), I'm sure everyone will hate him then too.

It's a 162-game season; there are going to be slumps.

But he batted under .250!!!!!!!

trollololol

I felt like we had some bad luck this series. Lots of hard hit balls and outstanding defensive plays from the Phillies. Also felt like our defense really let us down. If we would've played defense like the Phillies we could have won the series.

Having said that, watching Lomo, Gaby and Buck has been painful.

Hanley looked great at third today. The announcers made a good point that he's thrown the ball very well from third base.

I felt like we had some bad luck this series. Lots of hard hit balls and outstanding defensive plays from the Phillies. Also felt like our defense really let us down. If we would've played defense like the Phillies we could have won the series.

Having said that, watching Lomo, Gaby and Buck has been painful.

Hanley looked great at third today. The announcers made a good point that he's thrown the ball very well from third base.

His trouble at the plate is becoming commonplace unfortunately which is odd considering the spring he had.

Now that I've had a chance to really calm down ... *exhale*

We've got 155 to go. I have faith in this team. We'll be fine. Pitching, with the exception of JJ's start yesterday, has been pretty dang good. We'll be fine.

We've got 155 to go. I have faith in this team. We'll be fine. Pitching, with the exception of JJ's start yesterday, has been pretty dang good. We'll be fine.

Our ace isn't pitching like an ace, Hanley isn't hitting and we are still failing to score runs, just like last year. I know it's only 7 games but it's hard to be optimistic when you see the same patterns from last year.

The pitching has been good overall, but I mean the bats are constantly inconsistent. The Marlins COULD probably get this team to the playoffs it they hit consistently. It's disappointing knowing that even if our pitcher gets a quality start we still have only a 50/50 chance to win a game because of the lack of runs.

All this being said I will admit I am a spoiled fan who accepts nothing less than success and World Series championships and yes there is still a lot of games to play.

At what game does that sense of security go away?

15? 20? 50?

I know its 162, but winning in April counts just as much in September. 4 games out already. Its time for this team to wake the EFF up.

15? 20? 50?

Probably in the 20-30 range, yeah.

All this being said I will admit I am a spoiled fan who accepts nothing less than success and World Series championships and yes there is still a lot of games to play.

You're a Marlins fan and a Mariners fan. The Mariners have been in the playoffs, what, 3 or 4 times, without ever getting to the World Series? And the Marlins have 2 Championships. I have no idea how in the hell you got spoiled like that, personally. lol

And yet... some of us probably felt secure at 29-19 last season and felt pretty good after how we played in San Francisco. Look at how that changed. Look at how we ended up, look at how June went etc. etc.

Then look at how bad we started in 2003 and how that turned out. Look at how the postseason changed for Altanta and Boston last season, bet they were feeling pretty damn good until September. Look at the Rockies in... 2007 was it? They had insane run of wins in September.

Its Baseball.... its a marathon, its not a sprint and you can't get concerned that you're not winning so early in the damn race. There's a long way to go and anything can happen. Chill.

15? 20? 50?

I know its 162, but winning in April counts just as much in September. 4 games out already. Its time for this team to wake the EFF up.

We are THREE games out, and it's behind Washington, too, who is probably the 3rd-biggest threat to win the division (besides the Marlins).

Our ace isn't pitching like an ace, Hanley isn't hitting and we are still failing to score runs, just like last year. I know it's only 7 games but it's hard to be optimistic when you see the same patterns from last year.

It's not the same team.

they have to switch infante and gaby in the lineup

Can Dobbs play first? After Gaby popped up Ball 4 tonight, I'd rather see Dobbs get the AB's over Gaby right now... he's been crap since last AS Break...

I agree with Boner leading off - he is faster. Have a temporary line-up of Boner - Reyes - Hanley - Dobbs - Stanton - Logan - Infante - Buck - P ... you'd have a righty-lefty-righty-lefty with 3-4-5-6 and see if sliding "GC" down one takes a little bit of the pressure off him while he comes back from the knee thing

Yeah, I'm not batting Dobbs 4th over Stanton.

not like our current line-up is doing sh*t... I'd do it temporarily for a few games to see if someone other than Gaby can do anything... and it's not a knock on Stanton's hitting, but I still wonder if he is ready for the clean-up spot yet with his knee situation

Yeah, I'm not batting Dobbs 4th over Stanton.

not like our current line-up is doing sh*t... I'd do it temporarily for a few games to see if someone other than Gaby can do anything... and it's not a knock on Stanton's hitting, but I still wonder if he is ready for the clean-up spot yet with his knee situation

He's been hitting the ball hard, though, just right at people.