4/14 Post Game

gizmo

From now on, I want every Marlins player to say this prayer quickly before coming up to bat or pitch:

"And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

YES, THE BOONDOCK SAINTS PRAYER!

noooo we brought this back again let all go church

Bell's fastball velocity is not the same as the past couple of years. He normally averages 94 on his fastball and he came into the night averaging 92.7 this year. And while I'm not 100% sure, I don't recall him throwing a fastball harder than 92 tonight. If he did, he didn't throw many.

Not to mention his breaking ball looked like batting practice.

He averaged 93.41 tonight and nearly all of his fastballs topped 92.

How do you get that information so quickly?

fwiw mlb.com lists pitch speeds (& type) in their Play-by-Play game summary.

4 games back.

The games in April = The games in September.

This team lacks too many key pieces to keep giving up games like this. Heath Bell wont be this crappy all season, obviously, but I dont see the point of wasting a game like tonight to bring him in. He needs to get it together.

And I know Im a broken record, but LoMo is becoming more and more of a liability in the field and at the plate, sh*t, even the clubhouse. Start Cogs. Hell, start kearns every day. Just get that guy off the field. Trade him to a team that thinks he has value still. He will hit less than 15 home runs this year. He will be lucky to bat .250.

The bright side - the top of our lineup is clicking really well. Really really well.

Already 9 games in. The excuses of having so many games still draws drier and drier daily. Thats 2 games we gave away already.

"Dear Lord:

I pray this uniform fits today

To hide my gut in every way

And give me strength to close my belt

So I won't lack speed on each pitch dealt

Let me do well; give me a pass

And show mercy on this fat ass

Please do not let me pitch a turd

Now where's the f***ing (burp!) mustard?"

- Heath Bell's Prayer

Guest Guest

I'm really not that worried about Bell to be honest, and that's coming from someone who wasn't entirely thrilled about signing him. When his arm is ready to go again, they should try him out in a non-save situation.

I am worried about Morrison's defense a bit, though. He's been an absolute butcher out there.

I'm really not that worried about Bell to be honest, and that's coming from someone who wasn't entirely thrilled about signing him. When his arm is ready to go again, they should try him out in a non-save situation.

I am worried about Morrison's defense a bit, though. He's been an absolute butcher out there.

We don't have a good defensive outfielder on the team right now.

Considering the size of the ballpark, it becomes a pretty big issue.

Stanton is better out there than he's been so far, but he's not 100% healthy so he's limited, as well.

Morrison is terrible out there.

This is why I wanted Petersen to make the team; he can at least play defense.

Guys Lomo isnt a master at defense by any means but he's Playing on a f***ed up knee, so is Stanton for that matter. Neither got spring training time hardly.

Yeah these games are important to win but it is still early enough for people to get out of lulls. sh*t happens at the first of the year. Mets are leading the division, enough said. I hate it too but some of y'all are being ridiculous saying you want scrub players in the starting lineup, who are doing know better than there starting couterparts.

I had to work so I missed the game but listened to it. So can't add much.

But damn do the people not come out of the woodwork when the Marlins start losing. I'm with you Mike on that one.

That game hurt my soul. Just about everything was going our way until that evil 9th. As bad as Bell feels right now, I think LoMo feels even worse.

Hopefully we can win the series tomorrow and put this terrible loss behind us.

By the way, the move for Bell looks terrible right now, but Zambrano is performing (should be 2-0) and Reyes is living up to the hype, so it could be worse.

Ok, I've read through five pages and I'm in shock that Bell gets all this (deserved) blame for the loss, but nobody even brings up that Logan Morrison dropped an easy easy easy easy easy (can't say that enough) fly ball that would've kept the game tied going into the ninth. Don't let LoMo get a free pass.

Guest Guest

Dropping that fly had nothing to do with the knee; he was camped for it. He just flat out didn't catch it.

Now I do suspect that the wind might have made it harder, but a MLB outfielder should make that play.

Ok, I've read through five pages and I'm in shock that Bell gets all this (deserved) blame for the loss, but nobody even brings up that Logan Morrison dropped an easy easy easy easy easy (can't say that enough) fly ball that would've kept the game tied going into the ninth. Don't let LoMo get a free pass.

Dim, alot of people are giving Lomo hell my friend. I didn't see the catch drop. I just want everyone to remember that he has a screwed up knee along with his bad normal defense.

Dropping that fly had nothing to do with the knee; he was camped for it. He just flat out didn't catch it.

Now I do suspect that the wind might have made it harder, but a MLB outfielder should make that play.

Yeah I didn't get to see te play, so it was that bad?

Van Horne and Gef made it seem like the wind or his knee might have gave out on him.

Guest Guest

Also, while it's certain that Stanton isn't 100% healthy, he still seems like he takes some bad routes. He's much better in the OF than Morrison is, though.

Guest Guest

Yeah I didn't get to see te play, do it was that bad?

Van Horne and fed made it seem like the wind or his knee might have gave out on him.

The vid is on the Astros site, but I don't know how to link to it.

I don't buy the knee being a factor. The wind probably was, but there's still no reason to drop that.

Also, while it's certain that Stanton isn't 100% healthy, he still seems like he takes some bad routes. He's much better in the OF than Morrison is, though.

I'm just afraid the guys were trying to rush back before they were healthy for the obvious reason, with the new park and all.

I just hope neither is worse than they are saying.

Yeah I didn't get to see te play, do it was that bad?

Van Horne and fed made it seem like the wind or his knee might have gave out on him.

The vid is on the Astros site, but I don't know how to link to it.

I don't buy the knee being a factor. The wind probably was, but there's still no reason to drop that.

Just watched the vid, that was an akward fall.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.