One of the many headscratching things about this game was that inking where Gaudin ended up hitting.

How do you not steal 2B with Hanley when you know that with a 2 out hit you're going to hit with your pitcher?

Hanley was on third, though, when Gaudin was batting.

I mean when Hanley was on 1B. First with 1 out and then with 2 outs and LoMo batting. How do you not try to take 2B there knowing that you're not going to get a chance to drive him in if LoMo doesn't get an extra base hit.

One of the many headscratching things about this game was that inking where Gaudin ended up hitting.

How do you not steal 2B with Hanley when you know that with a 2 out hit you're going to hit with your pitcher?

I mean when Hanley was on 1B. First with 1 out and then with 2 outs and LoMo batting. How do you not try to take 2B there knowing that you're not going to get a chance to drive him in if LoMo doesn't get an extra base hit.

Because if you do that, they intentionally walk Morrison and it's then first and second with 2 outs and the pitcher up [or Kearns, and I'm sure they would have rather faced Kearns than Morrison].

Also, why does this team have an orange hat if they don't wear it with the orange jersey?

I dont get the choice of uniforms some days.

Haha. Totally agree-the orange hats look kinda weird without the orange jerseys.

good thing we won that game because thats ridiculous what cora did in that 10th inning. play to win the game.

also annoying that we should have swept them

also please stop opening the roof. its louder in there with it closed and less annoying with the wind/jet stream

No one else was available.

I was agreeing with h2r at the time. At home you go for the win. But I do understand the reasoning, although would have to say it was a bit ballsy. Thankfully their manager pulled the blooper of the game in the 11th. Walk Boni who has cooled off a bit to get to Hanley who had gone 6 for 8 with a dinger in two games up to that AB just to set up a potential DP? Now THAT was ballsy.

Because if you do that, they intentionally walk Morrison and it's then first and second with 2 outs and the pitcher up [or Kearns, and I'm sure they would have rather faced Kearns than Morrison].

Good point. It's playing small ball. Hanley has the speed to go 1B to 3B on a single. Joey also had someone else up in the on deck circle and a reliever up in the pen as a bluff, then put the pitcher in to hit. Basically it's playing for the lucky hit or bobbled ball/error. It's also having faith that the pitcher will be able to hold them off in the next inning just in case Plan A fails.

Nice to see Hanley doing his job for once, it's been a while.

I don't agree with Cora's move because you play to win the game, glad others thought the same thing, that being said I'm glad it paid off.

This team still isn't a serious contender unless JJ is on his game sadly, but I have hope he will figure it out. If not, 81-81.

I read that Perez gave Hanley a couple of pointers on his stance and swing before Saturday's game. Since then.......

Nice to see him taking a leadership role. Such as his actions towards the dugout when he reached on a single. His post game comments hinted at it too. Needs to be told not to squeel like a little girl the next time Gatorade gets dumped on him. LOL (Wife kept replaying that part. She got a kick out of it.) Still has some defensive work to do, but he's coming along just fine in the field.