Hanley has been absolutely crushing the ball, but this can be a double edged sword. Ive seen hanley many times try to crush the ball behind the count. I don't mind this if he's gonna hit 50 hrs this season, but at least try to make contact on a pitchers count.

Hanley has been absolutely crushing the ball, but this can be a double edged sword. Ive seen hanley many times try to crush the ball behind the count. I don't mind this if he's gonna hit 50 hrs this season, but at least try to make contact on a pitchers count.

Are you serious?

I would tend to agree. Many times on a 1-2 count I have seen him roll over on offspeed pitches or be way out in front. Everyone knows the 2 strike approach is never under never early

Are you serious?

I don't know yet, we'll have to see how it turns out. He's hitting the ball too well right now.

I agree too, but so far this season he's hitting the ball the other way which shows his head is in the right mindset. That last game winning hit was behind the count and the other way like it should be.

I agree too, but so far this season he's hitting the ball the other way which shows his head is in the right mindset. That last game winning hit was behind the count and the other way like it should be.

Yeah, and his homeruns have been to Center or Left-Center, so he's not yanking the ball the way Omar seems to do. I do agree that sometimes his swings look like he's going for the fences, but that could just be an optical illusion of his long and extended follow-through. Either way, he's killing it right now, so I hope he keeps doing what he's doing.

He ate all of Stanton's power in Spring Training.

I think Mike is getting into shape, in the last 2 games he's had those Stanton-patented low flying line drives that hit the bottom of the fence before touching the ground.