Giving Props to Boni

I've seen so much love for Infante to start the season. I think we're forgetting just how good Bonifacio has been to begin this season.

9 SB's in 13 games. .340 BA with a .441 OBP. I, and a lot of other people had major doubts about Bonifacio heading into this season, but so far he's been playing like Michael Bourn did during his All Star days (day). Small sample size? Definitely. But I'm absolutely amazed just how much Bonifacio has progressed from being one of the biggest reasons we missed the playoffs in 2009 to playing like he has recently.

I've seen so much love for Infante to start the season. I think we're forgetting just how good Bonifacio has been to begin this season.

9 SB's in 13 games. .340 BA with a .441 OBP. I, and a lot of other people had major doubts about Bonifacio heading into this season, but so far he's been playing like Michael Bourn did during his All Star days (day). Small sample size? Definitely. But I'm absolutely amazed just how much Bonifacio has progressed from being one of the biggest reasons we missed the playoffs in 2009 to playing like he has recently.

Glad to see you're a VIP now; you must've done well for Chanukah, boychik.

Glad to see you're a VIP now; you must've done well for Chanukah, boychik.

Nice Yiddish there. You're sounding pretty orthodox... ;)

EB is the player I'm most impressed by.You rarely see a player develop plate discipline at the mlb level from night to day like Boni has done. He's playing out of his mind, pretty sure all-star caliber if he keeps this up.

Edit - Today, he took an 0-2 count and walked on the next 4 pitches. Lo vi.

Really nice to see the level of play being a continuation of his 2011 second half. Love those delayed steals. Defensively, the little bobbles he has while trying to pick up a ball to throw in is a little concern, but it seems like he just needs to slow the game down in his head a bit when that happens. There is always something to work on, no matter who the player is.

During one game Tommy and Rich were talking about him and Rich was a little worried because Boni didn't take any walks during ST. Tommy said something like, "Hard to work on your swing when you are working on your walks." I busted up. I'm sure he was just joking around, but it hit me as really funny.

He's quickly becoming my favorite player. He's a really fan friendly guy too. I was at the game on Wednesday and he waved to fans and did the "lo viste" sign back to all of the fans that did it to him. He also never says no to an autograph from what I've seen at ST.

Cool guy. Really nice to see him maturing into a good player, especially after how he started out.

2 games games have passed since this got started and he's completely sucked. I think this thread broke boni again. The ultimate jinx.

*sigh* Why is it that we can't have just run into good pitching instead of "Bonifacio sucks now?"

Oh, I wasn't really being serious.

Boni has been one of my favorite Marlins for a LONG TIME. I actually took this pic of him back in 2009, and MaXx and Miri took it to spring training and EB signed it for me.