2012 Adopt-A-Marlin Draft

dim

Hello. As most of you know, the Adopt-A-Marlin Draft has been going on strong now for many many years, ever since the days of Cameron Maybin and Jeremy Hermida were being drafted. I have personally taken on this duty since 2009. Each of the last three years that this has been done, the draft has taken place on May 1st, giving each person a month to see how each the Marlins minor leaguers are doing before drafting them.

For those of you that haven't done this before, the rules are simple. Those of you who sign up will be randomly selected (from a hat) to pick a current Marlins minor league player. Generally the best minor leaguers are chosen first, although one year we had somebody choose Matt Dominguez over Mike Stanton, and they lived to regret that decision for the rest of their lives.

After you draft a Marlins minor league player, you will be forced by Admin the almighty to keep up with that players stats throughout the season within your signature (which will appear below your posts). That way whenever somebody sees your posts, they will also be able to look down and see how Christian Yelich is batting .474 with a home run and a 1.535 OPS.

(Added Note: Minor leaguers with prior major league experience are allowed, as long as they are not currently playing on the major league squad as of May 1st).

For example, your sig could look like:

Matt Dominguez (possible picture included):

New Orleans Zephyrs 3B .241 BA, 3 HR 9 RBI's. .281 OBP .730 OPS.

Updated April 22nd 2012 (Please included when your post was last updated so those of us looking know how old the stats are).

You are allowed to take any player you want, although we will sadly be without trahernsfriend for this years draft. A montage will take place before the draft begins to commerate trahernsfriend's contributions to the draft process since 2007 and her incredibly diverse drafting.

The draft will does not have a set time limit for when it should finish, however we hope that everybody makes their picks as soon as they are on the clock. There is a two day limit to make picks though. After that, we will move on to the next person. The person who was skipped will be able to make a pick at any time after the time has expired (just like they do in real sports drafts).

I am still contemplating whether we should include minor trades within the draft (such as Person A up to a higher draft spot, and Player B gets in return a chance to have Person B put up whatever signature of their choice for a week. Or Player A moving up, while Player B gets a guaranteed top 5 pick in the next Adopt a Marlin or a chance to switch spots with Player A in next year's Adopt a Marlin draft. I think adding something like this could make the draft fun, but also complicate it a bit more)

Now, anybody that wants to do this draft, please just post below that you want to be a part of it or simply message me.

Thank you, and hopefully we can make this the most fun draft ever! :) (

*raucous applause*

Hanley2Ramirez- Christian Yelich, OF, Jupiter Hammerheads

ILMSF- Adam Conley, SP, Greensboro Grasshoppers

Dr Beinfest- Kyle Skipworth, C, Jacksonville Suns

dim- Jose Fernandez, SP, Greensboro Grasshoppers

MrandMrsFish- Marcell Ozuna, OF, Jupiter Hammerheads

ctina2277

mystikol87

floridafly

Schnellders

This didn't pick up as I hoped. Still, I have randomized the order, and here is how the draft order looks.

Draft Order

Hanley2Ramirez

ILMSF

Dr Beinfest

dim

MrandMrsFish

ctina2277

mystikol87

floridafly

Schnellders

Hanley2Ramirez is on the clock.