4/26 Post Game

gizmo

Ozzie on Bell:

"He is my man, he is my closer, and I'm not going to change my mind"

then say goodbye to any chance of a playoff team

I agree complete BS, but what else is he supposed to say? if he takes him out of his role, it affects him psychologically even more. I have no problem with ozzie saying this

Ozzie on Bell:

I agree complete BS, but what else is he supposed to say? if he takes him out of his role, it affects him psychologically even more. I have no problem with ozzie saying this

3 straight years with 40+ saves and you want him out because of 3 blown saves? Chillax buddy. :)

Someone is playing game with hiding injuries? I'm suspicious.

It seems hitters' group slump are geting longer and longer.

In Homestand, I hope they will be better than this roadtrip.

Arizona has some defect. They've some good starting pitchers, but relievers are not, contrastively.

I just hope these worst things will be ended as soon as possible.

(Fortunately, we will face the bottom, Padres, next week. :D )

Ozzie on Bell:

That's what 3 years/$27 mil and a near perfect track record as a closer does.

He's never gone through anything like this even though yes, he did pitch at Petco. But it's not like our park is Coors. It's a bad spell. He'll be fine. I agree with penguino: give him a few days of work out of the closing spot and let someone like Cishek close till Bell gets his stuff together.

it was sad...i was flipping between the Rays and Marlins games and I see the Rays hit a walk off bomb and then flip back and see the Marlins lose - seemingly all within 15 seconds of eachother. /sigh

and myst...i realize that people understand a game counts the same now as it does later on down the road but you people who keep saying it's early need to remember how fickle the fanbase is already down there and how valuable this season is to the future of the Marlins. scoring a max of 2 runs a game, if that, is not going to inspire people to come to the park. And falling behind a ton of games is still falling behind no matter what part of the season you're in. they have a healthy amount of games to make up already and they've shown zero skill against the teams they need to beat, i.e. NL East teams. They're getting dominated by one pitcher after another.

Ozzie on Bell:

3 straight years with 40+ saves and you want him out because of 3 blown saves? Chillax buddy. :)

Well right now, I and a lot of people probably would rather see Dunn take the ball in the 9th, at least these 2 weeks while Bell figures things out, but if you do that then you can get into his head and affect his confidence, which is why Ozzie is staying him put. As he should...But baseball wise it would be good if Bell got some work in non-pressured situations to come out of this funk..

Ozzie on Bell:

Well right now, I and a lot of people probably would rather see Dunn take the ball in the 9th, at least these 2 weeks while Bell figures things out, but if you do that then you can get into his head and affect his confidence, which is why Ozzie is staying him put. As he should...But baseball wise it would be good if Bell got some work in non-pressured situations to come out of this funk..

According to Bell, it's the umps and an unspecified trainer that are the reason for his blown saves. And those 5 or 6 pitches he threw in the dirt were on purpose, according to him!

I think you are allowed to start "panicking" or calling the team sh*t before August. Remember that teams usually get a sense of whether they are good enough to be buyers at the trading deadline.

I think by mid to late June of last season it was pretty clear what the real quality of the Marlins was. In other words, they were not as good as the team that flew out of the gates at the beginning of the season.

I'd wait another 1.5-2 months and hopefully guys like Stanton, Reyes, Hanley, and Morrison will start hitting by then.