Bryce Harper to Debut on Saturday

Suspended for 5 games...So basically no punishment (just pushed back a day)...Pathetic.

MLB suspended Cole Hamels for five games and fined him an undisclosed amount for intentionally throwing at Nationals' outfielder Bryce Harper during Sunday's game.

Hamels hit Harper with a fastball in the first inning of Sunday's game and later admitted that it was intentional. The suspension is the appropriate course of action here, though it's hardly a severe punishment, as his next start will merely be pushed back by a day. Hamels will not appeal and will begin serving the suspension Monday night.

Suspended for 5 games...So basically no punishment (just pushed back a day)...Pathetic.

MLB suspended Cole Hamels for five games and fined him an undisclosed amount for intentionally throwing at Nationals' outfielder Bryce Harper during Sunday's game.

Hamels hit Harper with a fastball in the first inning of Sunday's game and later admitted that it was intentional. The suspension is the appropriate course of action here, though it's hardly a severe punishment, as his next start will merely be pushed back by a day. Hamels will not appeal and will begin serving the suspension Monday night.

Pathetic? He didn't throw at his head or anything.

Pathetic? He didn't throw at his head or anything.

If you agree that he should be punished then being suspended for 5 games is a "pathetic punishment" as it really doesn't do anything.

The purpose of punishments are to keep people from continuing to do wrong.

Suspending a SP for 5 games for purposely throwing at a batter isn't going to stop others from doing it in the future.

I don't blame Hamels for plunking him (it's part of the game)-but I think anyone who openly admits that they threw at someone on purpose deserves to be suspended.

If MLB doesn't suspend him then they're basically saying that it's OK to throw at people just because you think they have a big ego...

It's part of the game when a pitcher is retaliating; defending a teammate who got plunked earlier or as a purpose pitch because that hitter did some showboating earlier. That was not the case last night. It was just an ill-advised plunking.

I dont really recall this happening to rookies a lot and this being a thing. It just sounds like Hamels is being a di*k and is jealous everyones attention is on Washington and not the Phillies anymore. Theres reasons to hit a batter, this wasnt one.

Does he deserve to be suspended? YES. Am I absolutely glad that showboater ahole Bryce Harper got pegged (and should it happen as often as possible)? YES. Did Harper get the last laugh? YES.

That being said, I don't like Harper and the baseball player he is. I don't know any baseball player his age, and remember I worked with them in UF, that acts like he does. I don't get it.

Does he deserve to be suspended? YES. Am I absolutely glad that showboater ahole Bryce Harper got pegged (and should it happen as often as possible)? YES. Did Harper get the last laugh? YES.

That being said, I don't like Harper and the baseball player he is. I don't know any baseball player his age, and remember I worked with them in UF, that acts like he does. I don't get it.

What has Harper done RECENTLY that makes you dislike him? You can't tell me you didn't do stupid things at 17, 18 years old. He's at that age now [19, of course], and he's getting more media attention than just about anyone else in Baseball. Every little thing he does is going to be magnified. I've loved the fact that he's been an all-out player since he came up. He plays the game right. I respect that. How many 19 year olds who are in the Majors would EVER run out a ground ball back to the pitcher like he did? How many players PERIOD in the Majors would do that? I'm pretty sure the percentage is under 1. He's done nothing wrong recently, he's calmed down a lot. Let any past incidents go.

And wanting him to be hit by a pitch OFTEN? That's pretty low to want someone to be caused bodily harm.

Right, forgot to add here the other night when he flung a bat against a wall, bounced back & hit his face & he went out on the field with a bloody face. ultimately needed 9 stitches. i know, funny right!

We should just add to this thread each time he does something great?

If you were in the big leagues at the age of 19, you'd be a douchebag too.

+ Nobody even knows him, personally. He's being judged because he did some dumb things at the age of 18 in the minor leagues.

He's done nothing wrong since getting to the big leagues. All he's done is basically hustle every time and make some great throws from the OF.

+ Nobody even knows him, personally. He's being judged because he did some dumb things at the age of 18 in the minor leagues.

He's done nothing wrong since getting to the big leagues. All he's done is basically hustle every time and make some great throws from the OF.

I've said this earlier in the thread towards bakerluv who actually said she hopes Harper gets hit often.

Le sigh.

Guest Guest

I don't think there's any truth to this statement at all.

You, as in you, or you as in the ubiquitous collective you?

I assumed he meant the latter but it's not any less wrong.