Bryce Harper to Debut on Saturday

It's like Bryce Harper is baseball's newborn baby and they have to chronicle and marvel at every 'first' as if he was taking his first big boy steps or learning to use the potty.

Well, it's pretty cool to see someone younger than myself have some success in the Majors.

Same goes for Mike Trout. He's 4+ months younger than myself.

It's like Bryce Harper is baseball's newborn baby and they have to chronicle and marvel at every 'first' as if he was taking his first big boy steps or learning to use the potty.

Well, it's pretty cool to see someone younger than myself have some success in the Majors.

Ha wait untill you get older and everyone is you get than you..

Ha wait untill you get older and everyone is you get than you..

Yeah, I know. :lol

It's all good.

He's 19. He's the top prospect in baseball.

You don't like Bryce Harper. That's cool. But you're not exactly being reasonable.

You don't like Bryce Harper. That's cool. But you're not exactly being reasonable.

Calm down, it was a joke. He's a 19-year-old phenom. I get it. It was really an observation on how the media now handles phenoms in this new age of social media. Imagine how much more exposed Derek Jeter would have been if the Internet wasn't in its infancy when he came up.

It. was. apparently. a. failed. attempt. at. humor. whysoserious, bob? Why are your panties in a knot so easily?

It's weird, bob, because I actually enjoy and agree with a lot of your posts, but it disappoints me when you talk down to people/posters when you're trying to make your point....especially when you miss a joke and take it more seriously than it really is. If you read earlier in this thread, I praised Bryce for how he handled getting hit by Hamels and how it was dumb to hit him just because he comes with hype. But yeah, condescend me. You really put me in my place.

I'm not so sure Jeter would have gotten this much attention, personally. However, I wouldn't know. He ranked in the top 50 prospects each year in the Minors, got to the top 10 his last 2 seasons and been up ever since.

Who knows, really ...

I think maybe Griffey, Jr. would have been a better example for that - much more comparable.

I'm not so sure Jeter would have gotten this much attention, personally. However, I wouldn't know. He ranked in the top 50 prospects each year in the Minors, got to the top 10 his last 2 seasons and been up ever since.

Who knows, really ...

I think maybe Griffey, Jr. would have been a better example for that - much more comparable.

Yeah, true. The Jeter example is my go-to because I was just a preschooler when Junior came up, where I was much older when Jeter came up. Also, his hype had a lot to do with the Yankee franchise. The Harper hype is refreshing in a way that he is a product of the Nats, who before this season were basically the NL's punching bag, and now it ties into the storyline of their impressive season. Almost like the 2008 Rays and Evan Longoria's emergence.

Who knows, really ...

Yeah, true. The Jeter example is my go-to because I was just a preschooler when Junior came up, where I was much older when Jeter came up. Also, his hype had a lot to do with the Yankee franchise. The Harper hype is refreshing in a way that he is a product of the Nats, who before this season were basically the NL's punching bag, and now it ties into the storyline of their impressive season. Almost like the 2008 Rays.

I do agree with you on this. I wasn't even born when GKGJr got called up lol. But, yeah. I've enjoyed watching Harper's playing so far. It's been nice to see such a young player have such passion for the game and such respect for it.

If I remember right, I heard when he was younger, he'd go on tournaments over weekends that would be like 10 games in a 3 day span, and then they'd drive a long ways to get home, and after an hour he'd ask to go to the batting cages. That's crazy, I'd want to take the rest of the day off. Maybe the rest of the week.

PurpleHaze, I hardly think this

is condescending.

But I unfairly hate him too, so it's all good.