More Heath Bell drama

Erick

I think instead of a bullpen song, there needs to be Samuel L. Jackson's sound clip, "Hold onto your butts" from Jurassic Park, because that's the first thing that pops into my mind whenever I see Heath Bell's in the game.

Why are you "Nebraska's Unofficial Marlins Fan"? I think you're legit and official.

I just KNOW the moment I do, there's going to be some guy sending an angry PM about how much I'm not even though I've NEVER seen anyone else wearing Marlins gear but me since the 1997 World Series team was taken apart. And I might not be in Nebraska for much longer. My girl's in Kansas City and it's likely I'll be moving down there for my next job to get everything all together. Then I'll be the guy the broadcast crew interviews when the Marlins visit KC wearing the bright orange hat and all teal jersey with 1997 World Series patch.

I think instead of a bullpen song, there needs to be Samuel L. Jackson's sound clip, "Hold onto your butts" from Jurassic Park, because that's the first thing that pops into my mind whenever I see Heath Bell's in the game.

Why are you "Nebraska's Unofficial Marlins Fan"? I think you're legit and official.

I just KNOW the moment I do, there's going to be some guy sending an angry PM about how much I'm not even though I've NEVER seen anyone else wearing Marlins gear but me since the 1997 World Series team was taken apart. And I might not be in Nebraska for much longer. My girl's in Kansas City and it's likely I'll be moving down there for my next job to get everything all together. Then I'll be the guy the broadcast crew interviews when the Marlins visit KC wearing the bright orange hat and all teal jersey with 1997 World Series patch.

But do you mean to say "Nebraska's Unofficial Only Marlins Fan"? Because you can be an official fan even if others are, too ;)

OK now I don't want to get too ahead of myself as I realise that he's stunk for the majority of the year, but you can't help by excited by, and for, Heath Bell over the last few days.

He is finally showing better stuff and getting swing-and-misses which is crucial for a closers success.

I really hope he continues to show improvements like he has because we are starting to see glimpes of what made him so dominant over the last few years. Fingers crossed he keeps it up.

He only allowed four baserunners in the series.

3, actually. 1-2-3 in game 1, the 2 out double by Older Solano in game 2, and the 2 tonight.

That's right. Even better. :wee

It's just nice to see he can make hitters swing and miss, for a change. That's important.

He only allowed four baserunners in the series.

3, actually. 1-2-3 in game 1, the 2 out double by Older Solano in game 2, and the 2 tonight.

That's right. Even better. :wee

It's just nice to see he can make hitters swing and miss, for a change. That's important.

I do believe showing the change-up, putting it in the hitter's minds, helped. The swinging strike 3 from Espinosa, he was way way way late on it. The ball was poofing in Buck's glove by the time he swung. I believe Espinosa was the one he threw the change-up to.

Guest Guest

Since I love you so much here it is. This does not include 5/30/2012 though because that won't be available until tomorrow. If you can use your imagination, his average velocity for that game was 94.56 and topped out at 95.3.

His velocity is definitely improving a bit. He had 3 swinging strikes with his fastball on Wednesday and 1 with his curve.

Guest Guest

This might help too:

5/30: 94.56

5/29: 94.80

5/28: 93.40

5/26: 92.40 (he sucked this game)

5/25: 93.40 (he sucked here too)

5/22: 95.00

There's not really enough there for a correlation, but he has had a bit more bite on the fastball over the last couple of games.

Can we trust him yet?

Like we have a say in who gets to close Marlins games... :)

I think we need another two or three more good outings before we can relax. Hopefully, all this fuss will all be a distant memory by the time the All Star break rolls around.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.