Looking forward through June

The Orioles, Red Sox, and Blue Jays are all heavy hitters, but have sub-par pitching. Our pitching staff is one of the better ones in the game right now, so hopefully we can contain them. Our bats are aroung the middle of the pack. If we can stay consistent, I like our chances there.

The Rays, I think are a fairly balanced team, could go either way.

Braves, and Cardinals - depends on which Braves and Cardinals show up...

Brewers and Philly, I'm not too worried about.

I think we "should" go 22-12, but probably 20-14 or 19-15 is more like it.

How are there 34 games in June?

34 games until the break.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Was curious how they had come up with the math previously.

From Fish Bytes:

Taking a look at overall strength of schedule, here's how the NL East stacks up based on the collective winning percentage of each team's opponents this month:

1) New York Mets (.543) -- The Mets face the Yankees six times. They also see the first-place Nationals, first-place Reds, first-place Dodgers and the AL East co-leaders, the Orioles and Rays.

2) Atlanta Braves (.541) -- Like the Mets, the Braves also face the Yankees six times. Here's who else they'll be playing: Nationals (5 games), Marlins (3), Blue Jays (3), Orioles (3), Red Sox (3) and Arizona (3).

3) Marlins (.535) -- The Marlins are facing only six different opponents this month, but they're all beasts: the Rays (6 games), Red Sox (6), Blue Jays (3), Phillies (5), Braves (3) and Cardinals (3).

4) Philadelphia Phillies (.526) -- The Phillies have eight different opponents, and three of them (the Twins, Rockies and Pirates) are very beatable. But they've also got the Dodgers, Orioles, Rays, Blue Jays and Marlins.

5) Washington Nationals (.525) -- With the exception of a 4-game series against the Rockies, the Nationals don't have any breathers in June. They'll be seeing the Braves, Mets, Marlins, Red Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays and Rays.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/#storylink=cpy

From Fish Bytes:

Taking a look at overall strength of schedule, here's how the NL East stacks up based on the collective winning percentage of each team's opponents this month:

1) New York Mets (.543) -- The Mets face the Yankees six times. They also see the first-place Nationals, first-place Reds, first-place Dodgers and the AL East co-leaders, the Orioles and Rays.

2) Atlanta Braves (.541) -- Like the Mets, the Braves also face the Yankees six times. Here's who else they'll be playing: Nationals (5 games), Marlins (3), Blue Jays (3), Orioles (3), Red Sox (3) and Arizona (3).

3) Marlins (.535) -- The Marlins are facing only six different opponents this month, but they're all beasts: the Rays (6 games), Red Sox (6), Blue Jays (3), Phillies (5), Braves (3) and Cardinals (3).

4) Philadelphia Phillies (.526) -- The Phillies have eight different opponents, and three of them (the Twins, Rockies and Pirates) are very beatable. But they've also got the Dodgers, Orioles, Rays, Blue Jays and Marlins.

5) Washington Nationals (.525) -- With the exception of a 4-game series against the Rockies, the Nationals don't have any breathers in June. They'll be seeing the Braves, Mets, Marlins, Red Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays and Rays.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_bytes/#storylink=cpy

I love it how if you play the Yankees or Red Sox, your schedule is tough. They arent the teams they used to be. Im so tired of the hype around them.

This is crazy, they will take it one game at a time, trying to predict is a great way to get distracted from the game, not only for players but for fans too, like I said, take it one game at a time, and try to win every game.

We can do this because we aren't playing. This is what fans do.

:rolleyes:

Yes, us having fun with predictions is going to f*** up the team. What the team does and what we do are two totally different things, sir.

I'm actually pleased to see a good amount of realism in here. I was thinking that, after May, some fans might get pissy if some of us said "I'd be happy with a .500 June"

After the June swoon last season, most of us know better!

I think we'll know more what to expect after this weekend series away from home. If the team wins the series, then I will be more optimistic about the rest of the month.

Marlins at Fenway = Stanton hitting the fastest HR to get out of a park in MLB history - - calling it now.

or first player to bounce a ball off a wall so hard that it rebounds to second to get himself out.

I'm going with him being the first player to put a hole in the green monster.

Marlins at Fenway = Stanton hitting the fastest HR to get out of a park in MLB history - - calling it now.

or first player to bounce a ball off a wall so hard that it rebounds to second to get himself out.

I'm going with him being the first player to put a hole in the green monster.

"That one's lined ... THROUGH the scoreboard in left! Oh my!"