Youk on the trading block

Gaby for Quentin? keep em coming!

Quinten is a free agent after the year and the Pad's are struggling.

Gaby is a team controlled 1B for a team struggling to sign offensive players.

Whats the joke?

Alonso has already proven he can play OF last year with CIN. It's not a bad trade an can solve both teams problems.

We don't really need him, or Morneau. The fish need to stick LoMo at 1B permanently and figure out where to send Gaby for a OF. Maybe Gaby to SD for Blanks (he's injured, I know) or for Carlos Quinton as a rental.

It really depends on how far away Yelich would be. Youk would also be a rental and I don't mind leaving Lomo out for a year if it means making a push this year (and not selling the farm off completely).

Regardless, I don't want to trade for injury prone crap like Quentin and Blanks. Quentin hasn't had a healthy season since he missed the last month of his big 2008 year and Blanks hasn't even played a full seasons worth of games in his entire career (which started 4 seasons ago).

Youk might cost more than Quentin, but there's a very good reason for that.

Gaby for Quentin? keep em coming!

Quinten is a free agent after the year and the Pad's are struggling.

Gaby is a team controlled 1B for a team struggling to sign offensive players.

Whats the joke?

Alonso has already proven he can play OF last year with CIN. It's not a bad trade an can solve both teams problems.

Yes, he's proven he's pretty terrible out there.

I rarely skip entire posts, but I could just see where that one was headed.

You stopped after reading the username, right?

What did you mean by saying this?

Don't worry. It's not about you.

We were making fun of a different poster in this thread.

Lomo is a well below average defensive Left Fielder, I would rather never see him out there ever again.

He is a below average first baseman as well. He is going to cost the team 2-3 games per season playing 1st. Lomo is hitting .230. I don't understand the love for Lomo and hate for Gaby. Historically, minors and MLB, he has the same numbers as Gaby, but Gaby is better at first. Both are good players. Gaby will return and hit. 270. Lomo will improve at some point and hit .270.

Lomo is younger plus he's good at drawing walks.

Lomo is a well below average defensive Left Fielder, I would rather never see him out there ever again.

He is a below average first baseman as well. He is going to cost the team 2-3 games per season playing 1st. Lomo is hitting .230. I don't understand the love for Lomo and hate for Gaby. Historically, minors and MLB, he has the same numbers as Gaby, but Gaby is better at first. Both are good players. Gaby will return and hit. 270. Lomo will improve at some point and hit .270.

what has given you the idea that LoMo is bad at 1B? He's always seemed fine. Not great maybe but I don't think he's a problem there. I like Gaby too by the way, I just don't see how this works out long term because Logan can't play every day in left field and there's no other place to put Gabs...

I haven't seen anything to tell me that Lomo is bad at first. I've always heard he's decent and he's looked pretty decent as well outside a couple mental mistakes in positioning (which probably comes from not playing there in a while).

denard span?

The trade package would just have to be perfect to do it. He makes $4.75 and $7 million (with buyout) in 2013 and 2014, and a $9 million club option in 2015. That's pretty fair as he is a pretty rock solid 3+ WAR player when healthy. Those numbers shouldn't prevent the Marlins from doing anything they want payroll wise, but that would lower the margin of error in acquiring a pitcher next offseason. They do need to resign Zambrano or another really decent SP this offseason for 2-3 years (Anibal will be way to costly, and provide better draft pick compensation, he is a walk). Also, free agency CF is stacked next year (BJ, Victorino, Hamilton, Bourn, Melky, Pagan, Hunter) so it really just adds to, the trade package would just absolutely have to be perfect to trade young assets and commit future payroll when legit options are on the free agent horizon (albeit more costly). If Minnesota would take a three prospect package that doesn't include Fernandez, Yelich, or Conley, it's probably worth it. James, Dominguez (they have nothing at 3B and Valencia sucks), and even Ozuna, no problem. That might be worth it to them to ditch the payroll, get a projectable 3/4 SP and hail mary upside hitting prospects. Also, Hicks is their CF of the future and he is probably ready summer 2013 so they aren't killing themselves position wise. As for the Marlins, Span would add 2 wins to the 2012 team at the weakest position on the field, slot perfectly # 2 as a lefty, perfect defensively in the ball park (best part of it), and settles CF for at least 2 1/2 years which is huge (as the organization as no one looming whatsoever). Then you just find a power option for LF to compliment Bonifacio.

Could work. I think Minnesota would hold out for a real nice "B+" prospect for him, but who knows how badly they want to dump that payroll. Anyway you look at it, light years better idea than Youk.

I believe I've been told for the last two years by an expert who used his eyes that Logan Morrison is a gold glove defensive first baseman who puts Gaby Sanchez to shame.

That expert also said that Christian Guzman was a good defensive shortstop, so I'd say his eyes are pretty reliable.

I believe I've been told for the last two years by an expert who used his eyes that Logan Morrison is a gold glove defensive first baseman who puts Gaby Sanchez to shame.

That expert also said that Christian Guzman was a good defensive shortstop, so I'd say his eyes are pretty reliable.

I actually thought Guzman was, too, til I looked at his defensive stats just now.

That range factor ... [i use baseball-reference, so I may be missing a couple important stats, but overall, wow a lot worse than I thought.]