I'm no GM, but seriously...

PcolaMarlin

There's a good reason you prefaced it with "I'm no GM" (no offense personally to you).

Yelich is a top 20, arguably top 15 prospect. Justin Upton's a really good player, and some team will probably put together a package of much more than a Christian Yelich to get him. I'm personally not a big fan of Upton. He's too bipolar when it comes to his power numbers. Add in the fact that he strikes out at a Dan Uggla pace, and I'd personally rather take the chance on Yelich's future. He'll be cheap and controllable for many more years. I also believe Yelich is a four or five tool kind of player in his own right. He might not be a Giancarlo Stanton kind of prospect, but he could at his best develop into a poor man's Bryce Harper. I'd like to keep on to that.

I don't think I needed that kind of semi long response.

There's a good reason you prefaced it with "I'm no GM" (no offense personally to you).

Yelich is a top 20, arguably top 15 prospect. Justin Upton's a really good player, and some team will probably put together a package of much more than a Christian Yelich to get him. I'm personally not a big fan of Upton. He's too bipolar when it comes to his power numbers. Add in the fact that he strikes out at a Dan Uggla pace, and I'd personally rather take the chance on Yelich's future. He'll be cheap and controllable for many more years. I also believe Yelich is a four or five tool kind of player in his own right. He might not be a Giancarlo Stanton kind of prospect, but he could at his best develop into a poor man's Bryce Harper. I'd like to keep on to that.

I don't think I needed that kind of semi long response.

Is there not a deal we can put together that doesn't include Yelich, Fernandez, Stanton, Reyes or JJ? I say anyone else in our organization is available starting with Hanley, Lomo, Anibal, Ricky and JC Oviedo. You do what you can to get a Justin Upton on your team especially when our outfield already ha question marks!

Why in the world wouldn't we package Yelich and other farm guys to get Justin Upton!?

More importantly why would we? Does anyone think that Upton would be the one piece that would set up a pennant run? The Marlins need more than just one player. Also if the Marlins want to be contenders in a the next few years they'll need players like Yelich.

Yes, I'm sure they're going to be able to afford both Stanton and Upton while giving gonzo dollars to under performers Reyes, Ramirez, and Bell.

They did go after Pujols, Wilson and Cespedes last Off Season after signing Bell, Reyes and Buehrle.

This off-season will once again be fun to watch. I just hope that this disaster of FA this year, doesn't scare off Loria. Because of the weakness of the farm system, and if he decides he can't go hard in FA in 2013, we'd better hope that Reyes, Bell and Hanley wake up next year. If not you could see a rinse and repeat for next years season.

Yes, I'm sure they're going to be able to afford both Stanton and Upton while giving gonzo dollars to under performers Reyes, Ramirez, and Bell.

They did go after Pujols, Wilson and Cespedes last Off Season after signing Bell, Reyes and Buehrle.

This off-season will once again be fun to watch. I just hope that this disaster of FA this year, doesn't scare off Loria. Because of the weakness of the farm system, and if he decides he can't go hard in FA in 2013, we'd better hope that Reyes, Bell and Hanley wake up next year. If not you could see a rinse and repeat for next years season.Can you explain what you posted in more detail please? Be specific.

Это меж�езонье �нова будет интере�но �мотреть. Я про�то надею�ь, что �та ката�трофа FA в �том году, не отпугнуть Лори�. Из-за �лабо�ти колхозного �тро�, и е�ли он решает, что он не может пойти в же�ткий �нглии в 2013 году, мы будем наде�ть��, что Рейе�, Белл и Х�нли про�нуть�� в �ледующем году. Е�ли вы не видели прополо�кать и повторить на �ледующий �езон года.

Who wouldn't want a 3-4 of Upton and Stanton for the next 10 years? This kid Yelich is in A ball... We're talking about winning in the big leagues here. Always win now

This is what I was thinking. Also, Yelich is good, no doubt about it, but a Justin Upton is young, major league ready (obviously), and a center fielder. Additionally, I would be ecstatic if Yelich turned out to be on Upton's level, as I believe most would.

I agree that we should work on the farm, but really, why do teams work on the farm? To get star players. So my question is why not get a young (most important) star for farm players?

Again, let me say, I am obviously a couch gm over here and I don't believe my opinion to be any better/worse that anyone else's.

Who wouldn't want a 3-4 of Upton and Stanton for the next 10 years? This kid Yelich is in A ball... We're talking about winning in the big leagues here. Always win now

This is what I was thinking. Also, Yelich is good, no doubt about it, but a Justin Upton is young, major league ready (obviously), and a center fielder. Additionally, I would be ecstatic if Yelich turned out to be on Upton's level, as I believe most would.

I agree that we should work on the farm, but really, why do teams work on the farm? To get star players. So my question is why not get a young (most important) star for farm players?

Again, let me say, I am obviously a couch gm over here and I don't believe my opinion to be any better/worse that anyone else's.

I agree with this. Yelich looks pretty good but it's not a guarantee that his great play will transition to the major league game. Justin Upton has shown flashes of one day becoming one of the top players in all of baseball.

Because Upton is about to get a lot more expensive than Yelich very quickly.

The reason you develop young players isn't so you can trade them. Its so you can have cheap, club controlled, solid players for several years.

Yes, Upton is good, but realistically not a long term solution for the Marlins. Obviously, they feel that way as well. Otherwise, they would have already made a serious run at him.

This off-season will once again be fun to watch. I just hope that this disaster of FA this year, doesn't scare off Loria. Because of the weakness of the farm system, and if he decides he can't go hard in FA in 2013, we'd better hope that Reyes, Bell and Hanley wake up next year. If not you could see a rinse and repeat for next years season.Can you explain what you posted in more detail please? Be specific.

Это меж�езонье �нова будет интере�но �мотреть. Я про�то надею�ь, что �та ката�трофа FA в �том году, не отпугнуть Лори�. Из-за �лабо�ти колхозного �тро�, и е�ли он решает, что он не может пойти в же�ткий �нглии в 2013 году, мы будем наде�ть��, что Рейе�, Белл и Х�нли про�нуть�� в �ледующем году. Е�ли вы не видели прополо�кать и повторить на �ледующий �езон года.

This.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.