7/15 Post game

Michael

So how much longer do we go with Eduardo Perez ...

But its the players fault, not his !

A fresh perspective might help

I agree, but you replaced the hitting coach last year too. If you do that too many times, real veteran coaches look at the organization and just say "I pass" even on an opportunity to be an MLB hitting-coach. They think of the Marlins organization as "unstable", and you may not get your 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice because of this. Then you end up settling for someone of lesser quality or some one probably too young to really be able to help. Would that person be better than Perez ?

With the way we're hitting, I'll take my chances.

I don't put much value in hitting coaches but at the same time i wouldn't have hired a .247 lifetime hitter for my hitting coach.

Most hitting coaches weren't exceptional hitters themselves, but are good at breaking down the mechanics of hitting and teaching it.

He's good at neither.

Yeah I know. Not defending Perez. But a hitting coaches career batting average means nothing either way. Rudy Jaramillo was considered to be a great hitting coach and he never even played in the majors.

But its the players fault, not his !

You can't fire the whole team for sucking, so you have to hold the coaches accountable for the team's under-performance. Eduardo Perez has gotten a free pass for too long. Had the Marlins been any other team, Perez would have been fired weeks ago.

The only reason he got hired is the same reason he hasn't gotten fired. Tony is his daddy. He needs to man up and quit.

Well yes this is probably a factor as well.

When I think back at all the optimism we all had at the beginning of the season with the new ballpark, new uniforms, and new players, then I look at where we are now, I can't believe this is the way things turned out for us. I think this is the first season where I can truly say that the Marlins didn't even come anywhere remotely near to meeting my expectations for the season.

I don't put much value in hitting coaches but at the same time i wouldn't have hired a .247 lifetime hitter for my hitting coach.

Most hitting coaches weren't exceptional hitters themselves, but are good at breaking down the mechanics of hitting and teaching it.

He's good at neither.

Yeah I know. Not defending Perez. But a hitting coaches career batting average means nothing either way. Rudy Jaramillo was considered to be a great hitting coach and he never even played in the majors.

Misunderstood. Thought you were defending him. All good.

There's an idea. How about Tony for hitting coach?

Be an awkward conversation, though.

"Look, we're firing your son, we want you to replace him."

He probably would have been if he wanted it, same could be said about hawk.

I say we get Mike in there.

I say we get Mike in there.

I accept.

I think both of them are fairly well off financially, and at their age traveling with the team - I just don't think they want that at their point in life.

When I think back at all the optimism we all had at the beginning of the season with the new ballpark, new uniforms, and new players, then I look at where we are now, I can't believe this is the way things turned out for us. I think this is the first season where I can truly say that the Marlins didn't even come anywhere remotely near to meeting my expectations for the season.

Yea you always gave big hopes going into the season but this feels like an even bigger let down than 2005.

If we split tomorrow we still have hope being 9 out but unless things really change it'll be the same f***ing garbage.

Yea you always gave big hopes going into the season but this feels like an even bigger let down than 2005.

If we split tomorrow we still have hope being 9 out but unless things really change it'll be the same f***ing garbage.

Last year was still worse imo... at least were playing in a nice stadium now and some more people give a sh*t about the team.

I wonder what year the Marlins will make the playoffs again, I'm going to go with 2019.

Last year was still worse imo... at least were playing in a nice stadium now and some more people give a sh*t about the team.

I wonder what year the Marlins will make the playoffs again, I'm going to go with 2019.

Hard to believe that after this season it could be 9 years of no playoffs. And people though the panthers were futile. We're getting close.

0-11 when I go to games. Sorry.

I still believe.

I'm 5-4. I had my 4 game win streak ended on Friday. But 0-11 is rough.

I'm 11-1 with my only loss being opening day. I've won every game since, including the 15 inning game at Tropicana Field and all five walk off games. The Marlins should give me free tickets

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.