It's Time To Be Optimistic

PPSR

Hello everyone,

I have been receiving a lot of slack from baseball fans because of an article I wrote about the chances the Marlins have of making the post season. I think they still have a shot, but people seem to be not as convinced.

While everyone is writing them off, I still think they are one of the better teams in baseball. The most important thing I see is that they control their own destiny. They get to play the Braves about 100 times before the season is over. They can forget about the past because the future is the only thing that matters.

So I was wondering if anyone here agrees with me, or has the Miami fans also given up :swoon lol

Thanks guys, this seems like a really neat board and I can not wait to contribute the best I can too it. I really do believe that the Marlins will make it by the end of the year.

Shameless self promotion is still shameless self promotion.

Oh, and welcome. Always nice to have fans who are knowledgeable and truly care about the team, regardless of how good or bad they are.

lol, thanks.

Trust me, I don't need self promotion. I'll take down the link though.

According to Onley if we become sellers we will be willing to discuss everyone including Stanton, JJ, and infante. Haha Stanton.

He's proven to be a terrible source for any reliable marlins news or rumors.

I'd bet we would sell Anibal, BP guys, infante, Dobbs, and lee.

Agree but I'd also guage the interest in Hanley.

I too am looking for a reason to be optimistic. We are lucky to be where we are, only 3 games under 500 given the way we've largely sucked this yr, except for Giancarlo's single handed lifting of this team in May. The main problem I see is that the Braves have pulverized us so far this season, have plenty of games left with us this yr, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue to hand us our lunch. We should be able to stand in okay against everyone else remaining on the schedule, but I'm thinking our trouble with the Braves will keep us from mounting a push.