Miami_Marlins_fan

i want the following people traded by the deadline:

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Ok no reason to trade Reyes and dobbs. Should also offer anibal a contract first.

I know Reyes has struggled but we need him. And I want major league talent for Hanley.

Its not about whether we needy him. Its about money ball, getting the most production you can out of every dollar you spend, and we are blowing a lot of money for mediocre production.

If we can get someone for dobbs or kearns no reason not to trade them.

They're not worth anything. Those kinds of players are everywhere. At BEST you will get a PTBNL.

hence why i said IF you can get something,

no reason to keep good bench guys on 1 year contracts if you can get something and we are out of it.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Ok no reason to trade Reyes and dobbs. Should also offer anibal a contract first.

I know Reyes has struggled but we need him. And I want major league talent for Hanley.

Its not about whether we needy him. Its about money ball, getting the most production you can out of every dollar you spend, and we are blowing a lot of money for mediocre production.

Reyes is have one Bad year!!! My god im about to flip. People want to talk about the FO and us getting FA. Hows it going to look to free agents when you sign a guy for 6 years just to trade him when hes having one bad year.

I'm in agreement with waiting it out with Reyes but just so you get an understanding of what other people feel like. We waited it out with Hanley and nothing is coming from it, whether this is a product of poor coaching or just not enough care to fix things is unknown but no one on this board should find it odd that people are calling for FO heads to roll. The only reason I don't want the current ownership to 100% go is because they actually got us a stadium and brought in free agents.

Someone also said this earlier but the days of Cantu, Jacobs, Uggla and Hanley hitting bombs was a lot better than what has become of the Marlins now, sadly this is probably just the beginning.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Reyes is have one Bad year!!! My god im about to flip. People want to talk about the FO and us getting FA. Hows it going to look to free agents when you sign a guy for 6 years just to trade him when hes having one bad year.

I'm in agreement with waiting it out with Reyes but just so you get an understanding of what other people feel like. We waited it out with Hanley and nothing is coming from it, whether this is a product of poor coaching or just not enough care to fix things is unknown but no one on this board should find it odd that people are calling for FO heads to roll. The only reason I don't want the current ownership to 100% go is because they actually got us a stadium and brought in free agents.

Someone also said this earlier but the days of Cantu, Jacobs, Uggla and Hanley hitting bombs was a lot better than what has become of the Marlins now, sadly this is probably just the beginning.

Just the beginning of what? What would you see happening?

This is the beginning of a lot of bad years ahead of us, at least thats what I see at this point. Oh well you have to start somewhere, keep farming the farm.

Don't trade anyone. Keep this team together!!!1

Why? Zambrano is gone next year regardless. Heath Bell ain't going to be good all of the sudden (he's been declining for years,) Hanley is the same Hanley we love to hate (not the 08 Hanley)

We need new talent

We need a new FO before we try to acquire new talent !

This is the beginning of a lot of bad years ahead of us, at least thats what I see at this point. Oh well you have to start somewhere, keep farming the farm.

I don't expect this team to underperform for more than this year.

Baseball's weird. We suck with RISP this year, maybe next year we'll have the best average with it.

Nolasco

Anibal

Choate

Dobbs

Kearns

Reyes or Hanley

Anybody that is blaming the FO for not doing anything about Hanley after having 3 below average seasons with a significant injury after all Hanley had done up to that point isn't being rational and I frankly I can't understand it.

I miss Cantu mostly sentimentally not for his production during his final days.

Baseball's weird. We suck with RISP this year, maybe next year we'll have the best average with it.

It's true, the entire team has under performed and it is kinda odd if you step back and look at how everyone is playing this year.

Oh and at least we have money now.

Not disagreing with what your saying at all Mike but just wanted to point out that last year RISP was also pretty bad, but nobody can honestly say they expected us to be this bad.

They can sell if they want to, but in another 5 years or so we'll be right back here where we are now. They sold 7 years ago and where did that get us? I don't have the answers but that's no guaranteed solution. I have a hard time imagining another 5 years of waiting to end up with nothing.

I know some people here will object to this, but perhaps its time we get some new people in the front office. We need to shake the organization up from the top.

Those that object to it, either have a hidden agenda, or are too scared to make a change. There is no other reasons to be against it. This FO has proven over and over again its over its head and can't put together a winning playoff contending team. They can't draft, and can't sign FA's and its sinking the owner & the fanbase.

Not disagree with what your saying at all Mike but last year RISP always pretty bad, but nobody can honestly say they expected us to be this bad.

If I remember, we started off pretty damn good with RISP [the entire team], especially with the bases loaded - we were something like 16 for 32 with the bases loaded at one point. Then June started, and Eduardo Perez came in, and we haven't been hitting with RISP. How come when the team slumped last year, John Mallee was gone almost immediately but Eduardo Perez is still here when the team hasn't hit with RISP all year?

I think if the FO had done anything before this point it would be considered knee jerk, but now that were here I think it's probably safe to say things are not going to turn around for him. I mean I hope I'm wrong but nothing is changing and his numbers are still declining.

The 2006 season was very special, I will never forget! Oh yea and 1997 and 2003 were nice too!

Can't people stop saying "sell, sell, sell".

Maybe their hinting to Mr Loria ? That might be a start towards redeeming the franchise. The myopic eyes of some on this board just don't see how bad of an owner he actually is. I've talked to many friends & colleagues around the country, and to a one, say our worst problem is our ownership. His defenders here will come out of the woodwork again and laud him about the stadium, but a real owner, with REAL money would have had that stadium built years before he did and would have had the team on track sooner. We've suffered for years because of his inability to build the stadium himself.

They can sell if they want to, but in another 5 years or so we'll be right back here where we are now. They sold 7 years ago and where did that get us? I don't have the answers but that's no guaranteed solution. I have a hard time imagining another 5 years of waiting to end up with nothing.

I know some people here will object to this, but perhaps its time we get some new people in the front office. We need to shake the organization up from the top.

Those that object to it, either have a hidden agenda, or are too scared to make a change. There is no other reasons to be against it. This FO has proven over and over again its over its head and can't put together a winning playoff contending team. They can't draft, and can't sign FA's and its sinking the owner & the fanbase.

Can you explain to me how anybody posting on here defending the FO can have a hidden agenda? Sometimes I feel like you have a hidden agenda. As if you're trying to be the new GM or something ridiculous like that.

Maybe their hinting to Mr Loria ? That might be a start towards redeeming the franchise. The myopic eyes of some on this board just don't see how bad of an owner he actually is. I've talked to many friends & colleagues around the country, and to a one, say our worst problem is our ownership. His defenders here will come out of the woodwork again and laud him about the stadium, but a real owner, with REAL money would have had that stadium built years before he did and would have had the team on track sooner. We've suffered for years because of his inability to build the stadium himself.

This argument was valid as recently as a few years ago. Hell, I was one of those people making that argument. But he's been trying to get the stadium since the early to mid 2000s. Even if you ignore that fact, he got the stadium (and screwed Miami taxpayers), securing the Marlins in south florida for a long time. Keeping the team at home is good enough for me and every other fan (cue Expos fans nodding).

Oh, and the payroll this season is over $100 million. It's time to get over the Loria is a bad owner crap. This season is a product of player failure, plain and simple. There's really nothing else to it.

This argument was valid as recently as a few years ago. Hell, I was one of those people making that argument. But he's been trying to get the stadium since the early to mid 2000s. Even if you ignore that fact, he got the stadium (and screwed Miami taxpayers), securing the Marlins in south florida for a long time. Keeping the team at home is good enough for me and every other fan (cue Expos fans nodding).

Oh, and the payroll this season is over $100 million. It's time to get over the Loria is a bad owner crap. This season is a product of player failure, plain and simple. There's really nothing else to it.

It's not only this season. The past 2 plus years this is one of the worst teams in baseball. Management picked the players. I blame management. With Loria's supposed involvement in picking players, it's tough to decide who to blame more between Loria and Beinfest. I blame both.

Who cares what your friends and colleagues think? You say it as if they're some sort of superior source.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.