Ideas from a frustrated fan (Warning Long post)

As for some of the rest of the names, Nolasco is going to be difficult to move and no one wants Buck or Bell.

The unfortunate thing is that many people were against all three of those signings as soon as they were announced. The dollar amounts did not correspond with the expected value of the talent over the duration of their contracts.

Unsurprisingly, Loria appears to have his hand heavily involved in at least two of those signings.

Guest Vince0926

Im aware kearns, gaudin, etc are cheap but they don't amount to even the league minimum. Guillen should take a hint. Ok so Hanley sucks....so then start solano. Lee is a free agent. Ok trade him, put Logan at first. In left? Ok have kearns make more starts then. This team has made me ill. The hell with money and contracts. Start the ones who deserve to start. We are about winning games here.

Hanley Ramirez is the definition of overrated. Stares at his home run for 10 seconds at home plate. Even when I know he is on deck I cringe. Solano - I watch this guy (though he's no Babe Ruth) with HITS in the gap, down the line.... I use him as an example because this guy does not seem to show off. Hanley is a clubhouse problem. With uggla, lomo, mckeon, see the trend? Complaining about moving to third. Time to go, man. Trade him now. Even if he plays us 6 to 18 times a year and does above average, let him be someone else's problem.

That couldn't be further from the truth. Hanley was one of the best players in Baseball in 2008. When he was producing no one really cared how long he stared at a HR. In 2009 he regressed a little bit for his standards but he was still very good. The real problem started last year and I think the shoulder had something to do with it. However, he hasn't played well this year and I really think it's a mental issue. He just seems to want to hit a HR everytime up. I really don't care about his behavior or demeanor or leadership as long as he produces.

Babe Ruth used to play hung over many times and no one cared because he produced. He called his shots, and stared at his homeruns and no one cared because he produced. As a matter of fact he was beloved for it. If you want to hate Hanley that is your right. Also if you want to be a fan of Donovan Solano then I hope you like minor league baseball. I'll keep watching Hanley in the bigs whether in Miami or somewhere else.

Pretty much stopped reading at Luke Montz! I agree there are lots of problems with the team, most start at the top and there's no changing that. If you're gonna settle for Montz you might as well promote Skippy he's hitting higher than Buck, which isn't saying much.

You would have said the same thing about Ruggiano a month and a half ago. Doesn't hurt to give someone a shot when you are clearly out of it. Especially someone that has earned a chance. Skippy might be hitting more than Buck but two wrongs don't make a right. Skippy has a long way to go in his development. Montz has nothing left to learn in the minors.

Im aware kearns, gaudin, etc are cheap but they don't amount to even the league minimum. Guillen should take a hint. Ok so Hanley sucks....so then start solano. Lee is a free agent. Ok trade him, put Logan at first. In left? Ok have kearns make more starts then. This team has made me ill. The hell with money and contracts. Start the ones who deserve to start. We are about winning games here.

Yeah, mentally ill!!! LOL couldn't resist.

Hanley Ramirez is the definition of overrated. Stares at his home run for 10 seconds at home plate. Even when I know he is on deck I cringe. Solano - I watch this guy (though he's no Babe Ruth) with HITS in the gap, down the line.... I use him as an example because this guy does not seem to show off. Hanley is a clubhouse problem. With uggla, lomo, mckeon, see the trend? Complaining about moving to third. Time to go, man. Trade him now. Even if he plays us 6 to 18 times a year and does above average, let him be someone else's problem.

Yeah, McKeon loved Hanley's work ethic and talked about it all the time. Lomo was the person McKeon had a problem with.

I honestly don't care about what we get back in a trade for nolasco. Just get that 11.5 million off the books. Even pay 2-3 million of it saves a ton of cash.

I like Ruggiano but I would not commit to him starting full time.

I would like to go into next free agency with Johnson, buehrle, and anibal (if reasonable) in the rotation and find other quality guys. But have to get rid of nolasco.

We won't have as much money to spend so they need to be careful and do their best to dump nolasco and buck. Honestly give them away as long as we get that money off. I still can't get over how they are making 17.5 million.

I honestly don't care about what we get back in a trade for nolasco. Just get that 11.5 million off the books. Even pay 2-3 million of it saves a ton of cash.

I like Ruggiano but I would not commit to him starting full time.

I would like to go into next free agency with Johnson, buehrle, and anibal (if reasonable) in the rotation and find other quality guys. But have to get rid of nolasco.

We won't have as much money to spend so they need to be careful and do their best to dump nolasco and buck. Honestly give them away as long as we get that money off. I still can't get over how they are making 17.5 million.

Nobody wants Buck.

This is a great opportunity to get good value for Anibal.

Yeah, they aren't going to be able to get rid of Buck, and they don't have a replacement. Chances are good he's back next year.

If I'm Beinfest and hill I don't give a sh*t about return. Just find a way to get rid of them even paying 1/3 to 1/2 of their salaries saves 8.75 to 11.67 million.

Somebody might take a chance because they have performed decently before.

Just saying, Chris Hatcher only became a pitcher last year and he already has 13 major league apperances. I wouldn't say he "has never been given a decent shot in majors".

Also, Montz is hitting .243 in the hitters paradise of the PCL.

Yes but we have nothing to lose by giving him a chance. Maybe he can be a back up in the bigs? The point is we aren't getting anything from the catchers we have now. I would have said to bring him up and get rid of Buck, but they aren't going to do that.

Buck is becoming like Wes helms. Just can't f***ing get rid of the prick.

The Marlins could have gotten rid of Helms sooner, but they didn't want to because he was "professional." Or something.

Buck is signed to a bad contract that can't be moved.

The Marlins could have gotten rid of Helms sooner, but they didn't want to because he was "professional." Or something.

Can always be DFA if we can't trade him. Just Have to be willing to eat it.

We're better off keeping him. It's not as if he's taking playing time away from a good C in the farm system.

We're better off keeping him. It's not as if he's taking playing time away from a good C in the farm system.

But he's just not helping really.

If you are going to be paying that money anyway, there's no sense in getting rid of him.

If you are going to be paying that money anyway, there's no sense in getting rid of him.

But his play does nothing. Let him back up someone then. More often then not he does sh*t to help us.

But his play does nothing. Let him back up someone then. More often then not he does sh*t to help us.

This makes no sense. Right now he's still better than anyone in the system. The problem is that he's overpaid. Paying him not to play is not an improvement.

Buck isn't going anywhere until his contract is up. That's the reality of it.

Again, I'm up for trading anyone besides Stanton at this point as long as the return is good. I can see some teams putting up decent offers for Anibal at the deadline.

Just saying, Chris Hatcher only became a pitcher last year and he already has 13 major league apperances. I wouldn't say he "has never been given a decent shot in majors".

Also, Montz is hitting .243 in the hitters paradise of the PCL.

Yes but we have nothing to lose by giving him a chance. Maybe he can be a back up in the bigs? The point is we aren't getting anything from the catchers we have now. I would have said to bring him up and get rid of Buck, but they aren't going to do that.

No.

By that logic, don't you just call up every minor league player who's performing decently this season? I mean the season's lost, so let's just demote the entire major league team for all the good players of AAA, AA, and A ball. It'll give them needed playing time and experience.

*Sarcasm note*