Report: Marlins open to moving Hanley Ramirez

Manny machado or Dylan Bundy. Dream scenario.

Would Baltimore really be willing to trade the #1 prospect in baseball (Bundy) or a poor man's Alex Rodriguez (Machado) for Hanley? I honestly have no idea what Hanley's trade value is at this point. If it's THIS high, I don't see how the Marlins don't jump at the chance at either of these players. Bundy especially. Dylan Bundy is the sh*t.

Would Baltimore really be willing to trade the #1 prospect in baseball (Bundy) or a poor man's Alex Rodriguez (Machado) for Hanley? I honestly have no idea what Hanley's trade value is at this point. If it's THIS high, I don't see how the Marlins don't jump at the chance at either of these players. Bundy especially. Dylan Bundy is the sh*t.

I doubt they would that's why it's a dream scenario.

I doubt they would that's why it's a dream scenario.

The problem is it was safe to assume what the market for Anibal/Infante entailed. We all were thinking Jacob Turner+ prospects during our talks with them, and that's what we eventually got.

Hanley Ramirez...I honestly can't even think about what his trade value is at the moment. We could be getting a Carl Crawford or we could be getting a Dylan Bundy, I don't know how other teams value Hanley at this moment.

O's looking for pitching and corner infield help. Hopefully package Hanley and Ricky for something? Maybe¿

The O's wouldn't trade Bundy for Stanton.

Although Machado is from Miami we don't need an average hitting shortstop.

There is nothing after that. I don't know wtf they could be discussing.

EDIT: Unless it's major league talent.

Would anyone be that devastated if Hanley was moved? His first few seasons were amazing, and he was on his way to a great career, but he has just been crap the past couple of seasons, and it just doesnt look like he is going to snap out of it here in South Florida. I was, still am to a degree, a big Hanley fan, but Im tired of him.

Would anyone be that devastated if Hanley was moved? His first few seasons were amazing, and he was on his way to a great career, but he has just been crap the past couple of seasons, and it just doesnt look like he is going to snap out of it here in South Florida. I was, still am to a degree, a big Hanley fan, but Im tired of him.

This is the only season I've been disappointed because he has no reason to play this poorly. He struggled with injuries the last two seasons but he's been healthy. I'll be upset because I do like him as a player. The guy has obscene talent. He's showed it before. Now he just plays like an empty shell. If we get a good return I'll be OK. If its just a salary dump I'll be pissed because I feel giving him next season to increase his value is better than dumping his salary.

Agreed. Funny how we're back to the dumping salary talk.

Hanley has never been what the Marlins tried to force him to be. He was never capable of playing SS at a high level and he was never capable of being the offensive centerpiece for a team with legitimate aspirations.

We had a HOF capable middle of the order bat entering the prime of his career, but we traded him and made Hanley our centerpiece player. Stupid move.

Hanley has never been what the Marlins tried to force him to be. He was never capable of playing SS at a high level and he was never capable of being the offensive centerpiece for a team with legitimate aspirations.

We had a HOF capable middle of the order bat entering the prime of his career, but we traded him and made Hanley our centerpiece player. Stupid move.

This is a horrible post considering he has three .900 OPS seasons after Cabrera left.

The dude was the definition of an offensive center piece.

This is a horrible post considering he has three .900 OPS seasons after Cabrera left.

There is way more to being an offensive center piece than OPS. I look at Miguel Cabrera's numbers and I see dominance all around, while Hanley has only had a single 100 RBI season, something that even Jorge Cantu managed to do twice in his career.

Cabrera had a homer rate of 1/19.4 with runners on, while Hanley was only 1/26. Hanley's career OPS with runners on was .468, while Cabrera manages .958, 90 points higher. The fact if the matter is that Hanley was a good hitter who was miscast as a middle order guy, while Cabrera is HOF caliber (that has been apparent from his second year.)

Not really devistated but id be sad to see him go. I like Hanley. I kinda wanna keep him and see if he can somehow snap out of whatever his issue may be and return somewhat to what he was before. But who knows, this may be as good as it gets with Hanley on this team. Its prolly better off to trade him now though if we can get something good for him. I hope all he needs is a change of scenery and does well if he gets moved.

There is way more to being an offensive center piece than OPS. I look at Miguel Cabrera's numbers and I see dominance all around, while Hanley has only had a single 100 RBI season, something that even Jorge Cantu managed to do twice in his career.

Cabrera had a homer rate of 1/19.4 with runners on, while Hanley was only 1/26. Hanley's career OPS with runners on was .468, while Cabrera manages .958, 90 points higher. The fact if the matter is that Hanley was a good hitter who was miscast as a middle order guy, while Cabrera is HOF caliber (that has been apparent from his second year.)

RBI's are not relevant.

He wasn't as good a hitter as Miguel Cabrera. I never said that. But he was an exceptional hitter. A top 10, if not top 5, hitter in baseball for a 4 year period. He hit well with runners on, in scoring position and runners on with two outs.

These past two years were mediocre but don't pretend like 07-10 didn't happen. He was elite.