Admin Beinfest update

Jokersgoon

It sounds like the Marlins are at least considering axing Guillen, but I would be a little bit surprised to see that happen.

I hope they don't ultimately fire Beinfest, but it doesn't look good. Jennings is clearly the GM in waiting, and if they don't fire Beinfest at some point they may have to let Jennings leave, which is apparently something Loria wants to avoid.

Guys...Bo Porter is also part of the rumor mill of being next manager... lol

Question: Do managers contracts work like players in that if Ozzie gets fired, do the fish still have to pay out his contract?

Yep. But I doubt he gets the axe. Friday's PBP had a better article on this. It said Ozzie has been "frustrated" with having to deal with so many top execs when discussing personnel things. Loria, Samson, Beinfest, Hill, and Jennings. He will be under pressure next season, but it would fit my theory that we will see a bigger "Ozzie stamp" on the team next year.

Beinfest and Hill wouldn't surprise me tho. And I believe they are signed through 2015 as well. I have no idea what they get paid, but I would bet it's a hefty chunk of change. It dosen't show up on payroll, but it does show up on the bottom line. I don't think Jennings is a wise choice, but....

Frisaro also said expect payroll to be in the $80 mil range. I have been saying for a couple months payroll would go down next season, but I don't think it will be that low. I wouldn't be totally surprised, I just don't think it will. The FO predicted attendance at 30K this year. They were off and now because of the trades and poor play it is still falling. Next year will be even worse, and they have to see that now.

Guys...Bo Porter is also part of the rumor mill of being next manager... lol

Question: Do managers contracts work like players in that if Ozzie gets fired, do the fish still have to pay out his contract?

Yep. But I doubt he gets the axe. Friday's PBP had a better article on this. It said Ozzie has been "frustrated" with having to deal with so many top execs when discussing personnel things. Loria, Samson, Beinfest, Hill, and Jennings. He will be under pressure next season, but it would fit my theory that we will see a bigger "Ozzie stamp" on the team next year.

Beinfest and Hill wouldn't surprise me tho. And I believe they are signed through 2015 as well. I have no idea what they get paid, but I would bet it's a hefty chunk of change. It dosen't show up on payroll, but it does show up on the bottom line. I don't think Jennings is a wise choice, but....

Frisaro also said expect payroll to be in the $80 mil range. I have been saying for a couple months payroll would go down next season, but I don't think it will be that low. I wouldn't be totally surprised, I just don't think it will. The FO predicted attendance at 30K this year. They were off and now because of the trades and poor play it is still falling. Next year will be even worse, and they have to see that now.

Same old Marlins :happydance

I swear to god, I do NOT want Bo Porter.

I'd rather see Loria tell Beinfest you built it, you manage it.

That or Loria himself manage it and fire Beinfest after he sees just how little talent the managers have.

Curious, think Girardi,Valentine and Lowell all get in the mix if they and Ozzie are canned? I can see Loria going after one of the first two if available and the feelings are mutual, then letting Ozzie walk

I guess we know why valentine wasn't on the job last year if rumors of Ozzie being displeased with the procedure for roster moves are true.

According to a blog on the Herald, two sources are saying that Beinfest job may be safe for Another year while Ozzie might be more on a hotseat. Makes no f***ing sense at all and Bo Porters name keeps getting thrown around.

Bringing in Bo Porter is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The iceberg is Admin Beinfest and he's still going to be there to do damage.

I get the feeling that Loria puts way too much stock into how much a manger has to do with a teams success.

This is why he needs to have as little as possible with baseball decisions on the field. Until he learns he needs to step back and let professional baseball people make the decisions the Marlins will be fighting for last place.