Official 2012 Postseason Thread

Michael

This post will be edited as the playoffs progress.

Teams who are eliminated will be slashed out

Games that are won by a team will be changed to the color of the winning team. [iE, if the Giants win a game, the game they won will be changed to this color]

ALCS ON TBS

NLCS ON FOX

WORLD SERIES ON FOX

Division: Team (regular season record) (postseason record)

AL Playoff Teams:

East: Yankees (95-67) (3-6)

Central: Tigers (88-74) (7-2)

West: Athletics (94-68) (2-3)

Wild Card Spots: Rangers (93-69) (0-1), Orioles (93-69) (3-3)

NL Playoff Teams:

East: Nationals (98-64) (2-3)

Central: Reds (97-65) (2-3)

West: Giants (94-68) (7-5)

Wild Card Spots: Braves (94-68) (0-1), Cardinals (88-74) (7-6)

Format below:

Team(games won in series previous to game) [runs scored in game]

Series Clincher will be in bold, save the Wild Card games.

Playoff Schedule

Wild Card games (TBS)

NL Wild Card: Cardinals [6] @ Braves [3] October 5 5:00 PM EST

AL Wild Card: Orioles [5] @ Rangers [1] October 5 8:30 PM EST

*if necessary (if not necessary, game will be slashed out)

Division Series games

American League

Oakland Athletics vs Detroit Tigers

Game 1: Athletics [1] @ Tigers [3] Saturday October 6 6:00 PM

Game 2: Athletics (0) [4] @ Tigers(1) [5] Sunday October 7 12:00 PM

Game 3: Tigers(2) [0] @ Athletics(0) [2] Tuesday October 9 9:00 PM

Game 4: Tigers(2) [3] @ Athletics(1) [4] Wednesday October 10 9:30 PM

Game 5: Tigers(2) [6] @ Athletics(2) [0] Thursday October 11 9:30 PM

New York Yankees vs Baltimore Orioles

Game 1: Yankees [7] @ Orioles [2] Sunday October 7 6:00 PM

Game 2: Yankees(1) [2] @ Orioles(0) [3] Monday October 8 8:00 PM

Game 3: Orioles(1) [2] @ Yankees(1) [3] Wednesday October 10 7:30 PM

Game 4: Orioles(1) [2] @ Yankees(2) [1] Thursday October 11 7:30 PM

Game 5: Orioles(2) [1] @ Yankees(2) [3] Friday October 12 5:00 PM

National League

Cincinnati Reds vs San Francisco Giants

Game 1: Reds [5] @ Giants [2] Saturday October 6 9:30 PM

Game 2: Reds(1) [9] @ Giants(0) [0] Sunday October 7 9:30 PM

Game 3: Giants(0) [2] @ Reds(2) [1] Tuesday October 9 5:30 PM

Game 4: Giants(1) [8] @ Reds(2) [3] Wednesday October 10 4:00 PM

Game 5: Giants (2) [6] @ Reds(2) [4] Thursday October 11 1:00 PM

Washington Nationals vs St. Louis Cardinals

Game 1: Nationals [3] @ Cardinals [2] Sunday October 7 3:00 PM

Game 2: Nationals(1) [4] @ Cardinals(0) [12] Monday October 8 4:30 PM

Game 3: Cardinals(1) [8] @ Nationals(1) [0] Wednesday October 10 1:00 PM

Game 4: Cardinals(2) [1] @ Nationals(1) [2] Thursday October 11 4:00 PM

Game 5: Cardinals(2) [9] @ Nationals(2) [7] Friday October 12 8:30 PM

Championship Series Games

American League

Detroit Tigers vs New York Yankees

Game 1: Tigers [6] @ Yankees [4] Saturday October 13 8:00 PM

Game 2: Tigers(1) [3] @ Yankees(0) [0] Sunday October 14 4:00 PM

Game 3: Yankees(0) [1] @ Tigers(2) [2] Tuesday October 16 8:00 PM

Game 4: Yankees(0) [1] @ Tigers(3) [8] Thursday October 18 4:00 PM

Game 5*: Yankees() [] @ Tigers() [] Friday October 19 4:00 PM

Game 6*: Tigers() [] @ Yankees() [] Saturday October 20 8:00 PM

Game 7*: Tigers() [] @ Yankees() [] Sunday October 21 8:00 PM

National League

St. Louis Cardinals vs San Francisco Giants

Game 1: Cardinals [6] @ Giants [4] Sunday October 14 8:00 PM

Game 2: Cardinals(1) [1] @ Giants(0) [7] Monday October 15 8:00 PM

Game 3: Giants(1) [1] @ Cardinals(1) [3] Wednesday October 17 4:00 PM

Game 4: Giants(1) [3] @ Cardinals(2) [8] Thursday October 18 8:00 PM

Game 5: Giants(1) [5] @ Cardinals(3) [0] Friday October 19 8:00 PM

Game 6: Cardinals(3) [1] @ Giants(2) [6] Sunday October 21 4:30 PM

Game 7: Cardinals(3) [0] @ Giants(3) [9] Monday October 22 8:00 PM

World Series Games

Detroit Tigers vs San Francisco Giants

http://forums.marlinsbaseball.com/topic/97663-2012-world-series-thread/?do=findComment&comment=2179780

^^^^ Go here ^^^^

I'd love to see the A's finally win one, and to do it with a team of relative nobody's.

However, I think it's finally the Rangers year. It would suck if they didn't win after being this good the last three years.

I'd love to see the A's finally win one, and to do it with a team of relative nobody's.

However, I think it's finally the Rangers year. It would suck if they didn't win after being this good the last three years.

They have a talented team.

"Relative nobody's (nobodies)" is what the Orioles put together.

They have a talented team.

"Relative nobody's (nobodies)" is what the Orioles put together.

Oakland has a lot of relative nobodies as well, though.

Talent is irrelevant here.

Cardinals take the second Wild Card.

And let us all experience a moment of schadenfreude as the supremely narcissistic whossiname, oh, yeah, Hanley, goes home to watch the play-offs from his couch, having OPSed only about 20 points better in LA than he did here this year. So much for a "change of scenery."

He'll be 29 next year and if he builds on his 4 years of stinkitude (ever since he "bulked up,") by the time he's a 31 year-old FA in '15 he could wind up being a bench guy with a .700 bat, reduced and shrinking speed and range and his always questionable glove. Not that he cares, he's already cashed in for 70 mill. Fortunately, Loria cut him loose after getting value for most of the first 30 mill.

Even Cody Ross OPSed over 800 for Boston this year for 3 mill. LA owes Hanley 31.5 mill for the next two years.

Did anyone see the Dodger game last night? What in the world was Mark Ellis thinking trying to stretch a double into a triple down by 1 run with the season on the line? One of the most boneheaded base running mistakes I've ever seen...

What's the protocol for a tie in the division title? There's a possibility of that happening one or two times in the AL.

Is there a 1-game tiebreaker to decide what team does not have to play the WC 1-game playoff? That's pretty ridiculous if it's the case.

What's the protocol for a tie in the division title? There's a possibility of that happening one or two times in the AL.

Is there a 1-game tiebreaker to decide what team does not have to play the WC 1-game playoff? That's pretty ridiculous if it's the case.

Pretty sure that's how it works. Why's it ridiculous? There has always been a 1-game tiebreaker to determine division winners. And now with the added importance of winning the division, having it be determined by anything else would be kinda silly.

Only one division can be tied after today considering Oakland and Texas are playing each other.

Pretty sure that's how it works. Why's it ridiculous? There has always been a 1-game tiebreaker to determine division winners. And now with the added importance of winning the division, having it be determined by anything else would be kinda silly.

A 163rd game to tie-break the division title is fine, but I don't like the idea of having to subject the losing team to a second one game playoff in a row. I know it's the consequence of not winning the division, but it still seems more like a football tournament than baseball. I'd say it's pretty likely that something like that happens in the next couple of years--perhaps a tie for the wild card spot.

A 163rd game to tie-break the division title is fine, but I don't like the idea of having to subject the losing team to a second one game playoff in a row. I know it's the consequence of not winning the division, but it still seems more like a football tournament than baseball. I'd say it's pretty likely that something like that happens in the next couple of years--perhaps a tie for the wild card spot.

I think the 1-game playoffs add a lot of excitement and intensity. I do see where you're coming from, though.