Barack Obama: Elected for 2nd Term

Too close to call in my opinion.

Can't wait until the lawyers come out of the woodwork chasing "disenfranchised" voters who say they were turned away

Rather take 4 more years of this sh*t then the unknown.

Too close to call? Florida's going Barry's way, and once that happens, it's not close.

Can't wait until the lawyers come out of the woodwork chasing "disenfranchised" voters who say they were turned away

Too close to call? Florida's going Barry's way, and once that happens, it's not close.

Virginia is also leaning blue now.

Shellacked? Hardly.

It turned out to be a 50/50 election. No re-elected incumbent in a hundred years has gotten fewer votes and fewer electoral votes than the first time around. He ran on "Romney is a rich/mean/bad guy." He has no mandate for anything, and will get nothing from the R House. He's already a lame duck with no agenda other than to attempt to rule by executive order.

The next two years will now be more of the same economic malaise. That means an R Senate in 2014. People will be so sick of this after 8 years that 2016 will result in R wins across the board.

Each individual state still has ballots to count, and Florida last I checked although "Barry O's" onlyhad 90% reporting, with Barry o having a 16k lead and votes to still count.

Still too close. Or was, I'm not watching that sh*t like others are.

And Florida was never going to happen. For some reason they haven't awarded the state yet.

Since we were at 86%, there's been a 40K margin and most of the missing votes were from the tri-county, high Democrat, high population area.

Now they're down to less than 2% remaining and a larger than 60K lead. I dunno what they're f***ing waiting for...

By shellacked I meant the party line. Brown people, gays, pot smokers, women...they're all under the blue tent. The republicans, when you look at the demographics, really appear out of touch on their social platform. It's nice when the status quo gets reformed.

I wasn't talking about numbers of seats, votes, or logistics. It's a philosophical shellacking.

Philosophical shellacking?

You're in dreamland, 50/50 isn't a "shellacking" of any kind. A "shellacking" is what happened in 2010. And will happen again in 2014 in the Senate races and again in 2016 when people are finally fed up with what will amount to 8 years of crappy growth or outright recession.

Philosophical shellacking?

You're in dreamland, 50/50 isn't a "shellacking" of any kind. A "shellacking" is what happened in 2010. And will happen again in 2014 in the Senate races and again in 2016 when people are finally fed up with what will amount to 8 years of crappy growth or outright recession.

tbh,

the GOP cost themselves the Senate a few times over with the radical candidates they have been selecting or better that their radical faction, the tea party, has been selecting.

They cost themselves two Senate seats alone this time around in Missouri and Indiana.

The GOP's biggest problem is the GOP. Until they resolve that problem, they arent winning any national races.

Yup, Akin and Mourdock were worthless. There's no excuse for losing in states that Romney won.

Reid should have been gone 2 years ago. I never said the Republican party was smart.

2014 is another matter entirely. They won't have to be smart, they'll just have to avoid being stupid.

Shellacked? Hardly.

It turned out to be a 50/50 election. No re-elected incumbent in a hundred years has gotten fewer votes and fewer electoral votes than the first time around. He ran on "Romney is a rich/mean/bad guy." He has no mandate for anything, and will get nothing from the R House. He's already a lame duck with no agenda other than to attempt to rule by executive order.

The next two years will now be more of the same economic malaise. That means an R Senate in 2014. People will be so sick of this after 8 years that 2016 will result in R wins across the board.

awesome, sounds like the night couldn't have gone any better!

Yup, Akin and Mourdock were worthless. There's no excuse for losing in states that Romney won.

Reid should have been gone 2 years ago. I never said the Republican party was smart.

2014 is another matter entirely. They won't have to be smart, they'll just have to avoid being stupid.

Considering what happened this year, it seems like that's rather difficult for the Republican Party.

And Florida was never going to happen. For some reason they haven't awarded the state yet.

Since we were at 86%, there's been a 40K margin and most of the missing votes were from the tri-county, high Democrat, high population area.

Now they're down to less than 2% remaining and a larger than 60K lead. I dunno what they're f***ing waiting for...

Still haven't called Florida. I don't understand why.

Still haven't called Florida. I don't understand why.

Might have something to do with the internal amendments on the ballot and holding the three that passed over 60% is my new guess, because they're close.

But why they haven't penciled the state in blue still blows my mind.

As I said in the other thread, I think the outcome of the election probably had much more to do with the weakness of Mitt Romney than the weakness of GOP philosophy. Now I do think that the GOP's stance on most social issues is a losing battle, but I don't think that this particular election was about that.

Not this presidential election, no. But absolutely in the house and senate, and on the ballot measures.

I believe that if the House and Senate can actually come together on some issues instead of saying, "no, you're of the other party, I disagree," or having the "my way or the highway" mentality, we could actually get some things done for the better of this country.