Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto

Marlins firesale criticisms aside, why do people think this will put the Jays over the top? We were a last place team with those players.

Because those players don't have to deal with all the insecurity issues that come with being a Marlin anymore.

Did the Jays seriously protect their top 4 prospects in this deal? Not even ONE top 4 prospect was traded?

not even brett lawrie. nono we got a f***ing moron like yunel escobar.

They have to be planning on spending money on some free agents or something. I find it impossible to believe that this is it.

well I know Nicolino is supposed to be really good, 'probably not ready 'til 2014 with Fernandez. Mathis stinks, no point there other than dumping Buck's salary. Figure Brantly gets the majority of starts anyway so whatever.

I figured JJ was probably going to be dealt at the trade deadline and I still think that would've been the best way. I liked Boni but he certainly doesn't make or break a team. Reyes hurts and I'm not sure how I feel about losing Buerhle yet.

It's not so much the moves individually that are bad here but as a whole it makes me want to go hide.

I don't even see one of their top 3 prospects here... Marisnick would presumably round out an outfield with Yelich and Stanton, but he's not a sure thing yet. Hech is supposedly super defensive SS, can hit a little. He's probably ready now.

They have to be planning on spending money on some free agents or something. I find it impossible to believe that this is it.

I think we're going to punt 2013 and then spend wild for 2014. We're clearing the books for 2014 basically.