Johnson, Buehrle, Reyes, Buck, Bonifacio to Toronto

Jokersgoon

Honestly People, I think you are all over reacting. We got the Blue Jays #2, #5, and #8 Prospect, as well as a pretty decent shortstop. I feel like Reyes, Johnson, Buerhle, and Buck weren't going to be worth the money toward the end of the deals, however, I am mad we are getting rid of Boni. Other Than That, I think it's a pretty fair trade if the Blue Jays take on all the money.

Were you a fan for the first two fire sales?

We're not overreacting in any sense of the word. So what, we got their #2, 5 and 8 prospect ... We got SIX Top 100 prospects in 2007 for Cabrera and Willis, look how that turned out?

yeah um we basically traded jose reyes for yunel escobar. and you ask why were freaking out.

Honestly People, I think you are all over reacting. We got the Blue Jays #2, #5, and #8 Prospect, as well as a pretty decent shortstop. I feel like Reyes, Johnson, Buerhle, and Buck weren't going to be worth the money toward the end of the deals, however, I am mad we are getting rid of Boni. Other Than That, I think it's a pretty fair trade if the Blue Jays take on all the money.

We were told that we weren't rebuilding. We were lied to. How you not get at least the number one prospect or at least Lawrie or Bautista in all this is a failure.

What I'm worried about now is that we are going to rush all these prospects and the ones we already had just to field a team.

we should seriously all boycott.

the best part about the trade is the marlins got sh*t. as long as this ownership is the same, nothing will change for more than 6 months.

oh wait, now they will say attendance was below expectations so they need to have a market correction.

i love looking at player stats and seeing the one year they were with the marlins before they got traded.

Can we have a "market correction" with hardly a market?

We're not overreacting in any sense of the word. So what, we got their #2, 5 and 8 prospect ... We got SIX Top 100 prospects in 2007 for Cabrera and Willis, look how that turned out?

I was born in 1994. I've lived in South FLA my whole life. I have and will be always a Marlins Fan. And yes, the Detroit trade didn't work out. But, WE (Marlins Fans) have to be patient. OK, maybe in 2013, the team won't make the playoffs. But beyond that, who knows? This team could be able to contend by '14.

See, the thing is most teams when they move quality ML talent get that kind a haul for one, maybe two players. For us it took 2 top end rotation starters, a top 10 SS, a decent utility player, and a bad contract. We gave up far, far more then we got in return and perception off the field has gone completely to the crappers.

We are doomed.

I was born in 1994. I've lived in South FLA my whole life. I have and will be always a Marlins Fan. And yes, the Detroit trade didn't work out. But, WE (Marlins Fans) have to be patient. OK, maybe in 2013, the team won't make the playoffs. But beyond that, who knows? This team could be able to contend by '14.

We've been patient.

lol c'mon man..

I'll give you JJ and Buck yea sure. But not Buerhle, Reyes, and even Boni. This deal is an absolute fan killer.

I just saw this and thought maybe it was a Canadian version of April fools. Since it is not here is the letter I sent to my ticket representative:

Javier,

After 20 years, I thought I would have season tickets of some sort until my end.

Please do not even bother to send me any further information or solicitation for tickets.

Sincerely,

2014? You're delusional. We have no 3B, no SS, no 2B, no CF, questions at 1B, C, and LF. No SP depth or proven starters. Nolasco is our #1 right now...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.