2013 HOF Ballot

fanofthefish

Kind of surprised as much as its been talked about on MLB network someone hasn't started a thread about the 2013 HOF ballot. Its a hard call for voters but if they stand fast as they have in previous elections players such as Bonds, Clemens and Sosa won't get elected. Same goes for McGwire and Palmeiro. I'm hoping former Marlins Tim Raines and Mike Piazza get the call this year, I think eventually both will get in.

Voters are only allowed to select ten players if you were a voter who would ou choose?

Jeff Conine is among the first year players on the ballot, while a great Marlin this should be his only year on the ballot. Here is a complete list of players eligible: Bonds, Jeff Bagwell, Clemens, Curt Schilling, Jack Morris, Admin Walker, Alan Trammell, Tim Raines, Kenny Lofton, Edgar Martinez, Craig Biggio, Piazza, Sosa, David Wells, McGwire, Fred McGriff, Bernie Williams, Dale Murphy, Don Mattingly, Steve Finley, Julio Franco, Reggie Sanders, Jeff Cirillo, Shawn Green, Lee Smith, Rondell White, Woody Williams, Ryan Klesko, Aaron Sele, Roberto Hernandez, Royce Clayton, Conine, Mike Stanton(not ours), Sandy Alomar, Jose Mesa and Todd Walker.

Piazza,Biggio, Bagwell, and I need to review the names again.

Edit: schilling, Martinez then maybe on Raines, Walker.

Steroid era players who are eligible and suspected- mcgwire and Sosa together for their 98 season and what it meant for baseball. Bonds and Vlemens because they were never caught.

I'd say so, but there was a pretty bad dry spell the last couple of years. It seems like all of the players who were good in the 90s are all coming on the ballot in the same short time frame.

Assuming the writers do the right thing and let Bonds and Clemens in, this should be the best induction ceremony in a long time.

Wow, I can honestly say your opinion is now worth nothing.

My fanhood aside and it's easy to push aside- there is no reason to keep Piazza out of the HOF. None.

Even Roger Clemens would have to vote him in.

Compare him with the hall of fame catchers of the past 50 years (Bench, Fisk, Carter) and also to Pudge (who will make it) and he's not as good. Had he played 2 or 3 more years at a good level then he would have accumulated more good numbers and would be hall worthy.

Wow, I can honestly say your opinion is now worth nothing.

My fanhood aside and it's easy to push aside- there is no reason to keep Piazza out of the HOF. None.

Even Roger Clemens would have to vote him in.

Compare him with the hall of fame catchers of the past 50 years (Bench, Fisk, Carter) and also to Pudge (who will make it) and he's not as good. Had he played 2 or 3 more years at a good level then he would have accumulated more good numbers and would be hall worthy. Your kidding me right? He has the most home runs of all those guys at C and has a 300 batting average.

He also played respectable defense outside of his caught stealing rate.