memories of the 1997 World Series

sross1800

Hi there! :) My name's Sean! :) I'm 21 years old, and I've got autism. Even though I'm a Cardinals fan, but since I like the nostalgia of the 1980's and 1990's, what memories do you have from the 1997 World Series, with manager Jim Leyland, and players like Edgar Renteria, Livan Hernandez, Moises Alou, Charles Johnson, Robb Nen, Kevin Brown, Jeff Conine, Gary Sheffield, Darren Doulton, Al Leiter, Bobby Bonilla, Jim Eisenreich, Dennis Cook, Tony Saunders, Jay Powell, Craig Counsell, Cliff Floyd, Kurt Abbott, Devon White, Antonio Alfonseca, Felix Heredia, and Gregg Zaun?

Thanks! :)

Sean

How about wearing Alex Fernandez's number on the side of their hats in recognition of his contributions to get them that far?

Gloria Estefan sending food from her restaurant in Miami to the team in Cleveland so they could have a more "homey" type feeling.

The parades and party at Joe Robbie after the victory.

A certain unnamed, award winning announcer putting down the Wild Card system and the Marlins at every opportunity while doing the games, and then having to eat his words.

There's a good start.

Watching the last few innings through my fingers, on the edge of my seat and trying not to scream when they won and wake my kids who were 1 and 3 at the time. Also thinking Moises Alou was the real MVP of the series and lastly giving crap to a friend of mine who played for the Indians for not getting me tickets to watch my favorite team!

Watching the last few innings through my fingers, on the edge of my seat and trying not to scream when they won and wake my kids who were 1 and 3 at the time. Also thinking Moises Alou was the real MVP of the series and lastly giving crap to a friend of mine who played for the Indians for not getting me tickets to watch my favorite team!

That was one of the things I disliked about that WS. Alou was the MVP. I have no doubt that the choice was politically motivated. They made such a big deal out of Livan's mom being allowed to leave Cuba so she could attend the games.

What friend was this?

What friend was this?Back-up catcher to Sandy Alomar, Pat Borders, still give him $hi+ they didn't even play him :)

I don't know what game it was but it was here in Mia and Vizquel made a awesome diving catch at SS. Also looking back at the Indians line up is scary.

I believe that was game 6. Robbed Charles Johnson, right? Runners on second and third with two out?

I think you're right. It was such a nice play.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.