Fangraphs - Marlins top 15 prospects

Hotcorner

Because you asked for it (you did not ask for it), enjoy yet another list of these guys who will all be all-stars in a few years as the Marlins win multiple world series titles or what have you.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/miami-marlins-top-15-prospects-2012-13/

Gushing about Fernandez in particular

Fernandez has the tools necessary to develop into a true No. 1 starter, but he also has that special makeup that ace starters like Justin Verlander and Roy Halladay possess. The talent evaluator I spoke with said, “His singular focus on not just getting to the big leagues but being one of the best. His drive and commitment to succeed at the highest level is exceptional. [Fernandez] does not rely on his natural talent. He’s a great worker.�

Another interesting thought is that he feels if Heaney has a strong spring training he may even get bumped right up to AA this season. Would put him on a pretty fast track.

Heaney throws 97?

I like our pitching come 2014. Fernandez, Turner, Nicolino, Heaney, Eovaldi! I'm pretty excited actually.

I think people aren't giving Alvarez much of a shot on here.

As the writer writes in the comments section, if Alvarez would've been eligible, he would've ranked him 3rd behind Fernandez and Yelich. Asked the same about Eovaldi, he had him in the 7-8 range.

Heaney throws 97?

I like our pitching come 2014. Fernandez, Turner, Nicolino, Heaney, Eovaldi! I'm pretty excited actually.

If Alvaperez ends up being good, I'd rather have him in the 5 slot and Eovaldi in the bullpen.

Probably the plan in the future, at least it would be mine. Honestly, I like Cishek as a setup guy and he was one of the best in the league the last couple years. As a closer, I think he's extremely average and has a limited ceiling.

I feel like Eovaldi's all-in pitching style hurts him as a starter, he doesn't pitch to contact and wears himself out in every start by the 5th inning. He is my prototypical closer, two great pitches, fastball in the high 90's and is just a max-effort guy.

Alvarez has already shown he has great stuff. Last year he could strike like lightning and out of nowhere toss 7 innings of shutout ball against the Yanks on start and struggle the next, but he was in the AL, in the AL East specifically, and has proven he can throw 200 innings in the ML which I honestly think would be an issue for Eovaldi.

As guys like Fernandez and Heaney come up this would certainly be my ideal plan of action...

• 1 month later...

I really hope Austin Barnes stays well under the radar. With his high average, ability to draw walks and seemingly developing power (36 doubles), he could be a huge part of this team in 2014 or 2015.

Will be interesting to see how he handles AA. His A numbers were quite good, but he was 22...He was drafted at 21, so you can't blame him for that.

He'll be most likely in High A this season, maybe AA later in the year. Just my guess.

• 1 month later...

Barnes was drafted because of his glove .....interesting that his bat has excelled

that he can give starts at catcher and 2B makes him a big asset

The Marlins look good in the near future with their OF Prospects and Pitching they can turn things around at the MLB level they have the talent in their Minor system to put together a competitive team