Marlins Spring Training Hat

CYmarlins

For starters, nostalgia doesn't necessarily mean something is good looking. I don't like the home cap but I can see how some may think its cool.

Oh, I know. It's kind of hard to explain. It's something like in the 80s when people copied things like Flock of Seagulls hairstyles, looked at themselves in the mirror, and said, "I look good." They get out of the 80s, realize they made some questionable choices, and moved on. Even if they know everyone was crazy and they didn't look good, there's still a certain attachment to be had for the people who experienced it. I know the late 80's Chicago White Sox and Toronto Blue Jays outfits weren't "good" as far as aesthetics went and the KC Royals powder blues were an eyesore, but in a weird kind of way, I like them as a part of my life experience.

That said, I'm definitely not going to spend $35 on one of those hats. I'm not a hat person in the first place, though.

I like them both, will probably get the road one. I agree with the "hat" market these days getting a little bit ridiculous! I mean you could have gotten an authentic fitted hat awhile back for 19.99 + tax. Crazy how fashion raises the market price. These hats probably cost 25 cents to make...

I usually do not jump to get hats, I like the new clothing that comes out every year like the new Nike Dri Fit Polo, but I will probably get one of these hat just because my black one is already fading because I wear it so often

I like them both, will probably get the road one. I agree with the "hat" market these days getting a little bit ridiculous! I mean you could have gotten an authentic fitted hat awhile back for 19.99 + tax. Crazy how fashion raises the market price. These hats probably cost 25 cents to make...

I usually do not jump to get hats, I like the new clothing that comes out every year like the new Nike Dri Fit Polo, but I will probably get one of these hat just because my black one is already fading because I wear it so often

I don't see anything wrong in buying one if you like the way it looks, I just don't get the mentality of buying it just because it's official Marlins apparel.

I don't see anything wrong in buying one if you like the way it looks, I just don't get the mentality of buying it just because it's official Marlins apparel.

Well, some people just like the "authentic" stuff.. Others could really care less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.