2013 World Baseball Classic

Hammerhead

If anyone wants to go to Italy- PR tomorrow, FIU has a block of tickets for $1.00 Each. Limit is 4.

Enter code WBCFIU at this page:

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/MLBEventInfo

They had Home Plate Boxes before, then those were gone. Then they had Baseline Reserved and Bullpen Reserved and those are apparently gone now too.

You can get Vista Box (UpperDeck behind Home) or Home Run Porch (Upper Deck RF) for the $1.00 now.

Just, Root for Italy!

And Say hey if you see me around the park.

Is the Diamond Club for these games the same as for Marlins games, with pre-game dinner and all that?

Yup.

Give me your seats to the 8pm game.Give me a hand job worth the tickets.

One hand, two hands, or a over the shoulder tug of war?

I'm at the Italy game, surprising amount of Italians- and how fitting a team with two 2012 marlins in the lineup is losing already 4-0.I need something like 10 of them. Warm lube. Two hands. To completion.

Back to back to back to back to back to back to back to back to Back to back?

Or is it like a coupon book that you redeem when the time is right, aka your just too lazy?

Coupon book.

Thursdays tickets will do, or the Italy-PR game.

Pretty cool story about David Wright and a paralyzed vet from Miami that he met at the last WBC on WBC Today this afternoon. Worth a watch if you get a chance.

Also:

:confused

I'm rooting so hard against the Dominicans this tournament, I think I may be Hatian on them permanently.

Huh? Huh? Did that fit the little pun war? Huh?U's a funny guy, Piazza.

Pretty cool story about David Wright and a paralyzed vet from Miami that he met at the last WBC on WBC Today this afternoon. Worth a watch if you get a chance.

Also:

:confused

I'm rooting so hard against the Dominicans this tournament, I think I may be Hatian on them permanently.

Huh? Huh? Did that fit the little pun war? Huh?U's a funny guy, Piazza.

Ehhhh, Forgetaboutit'!

Awesome pics.

Also, what a great atmoshere to watch a game. Nearly full house with fans in to the game. Just shows that there are baseball fans in Miami, they just need a reason to go to the park.

Well, I guess we all knew that all along, but still.

The Puerto Ricans can come and watch Joe Espada, he coaches a hell of a third base! (wait, is he still with the Marlins?)

And we have a Cuban now, and a Dominican, and a Columbian, and, and.....

Awesome pics.

Just shows that there are baseball fans in Miami, they just need a reason to go to the park.

They were given a reason last year and didn't show much after Opening Night

The team went 21-8 in May and yet they were only drawing around 24,000 on weeknights and 30,000 on weekends. I don't think I would call those figures "fine" under those circumstances.

Supposedly the Marlins were projecting 34,500/game for the whole season average.

Miami sucks as a baseball town.

What the penguin said. When I live in NY and went to more Marlins home games in 2012 than a lot of the people who live there, that's a problem.

Also remember that those weekend and weeknight approximations are based on paid attendance. Paid attendance was probably inflated by a ton of ticket dealers buying up season tickets to be flipped on Stubhub. Those dealers drastically overestimated demand for Marlins tickets.

In other words, many of those tickets counted in the paid attendance were either sold for a dollar on Stubhub or not sold at all. I'm curious to know what the gate attendance was in May.

People still feel jaded by the Marlins... Im talking about 1998 and 2005 here, not 2013. I think there are a lot of baseball fans here, but last night wasn't a good barometer. When dealing with International competition, people will go see a sport because it represents where they are from, not because of the sport itself. I had a lot of Puerto Rican friends driving down from Orlando for the games, as well as flying in from the Island. People who would normally not go to a Marlins game. Just my $0.02

I think that the WBC is a different animal than Marlins baseball is. There aren't many WBC games in general and the make-up of the teams can appeal to transplant (non-Marlins) fans.

To piggy back on what Pengino and TheU said, when I went Monday to the workouts and Tuesday it seemed a lot of people made it a point to schedule a family vacation or trip around the WBC here in Miami.

I must have seen plates from all 50 states and Quebec when I went.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.