2013 World Baseball Classic

Hammerhead

Every inbred Dominican in Miami sat in my section tonight.

You were in section 26?

15. It was bad. Almost ruined the game for me.Crap. I'm supposed to go to the game Saturday and in section 15, assuming the US wins tonight. Is it really that bad? I was getting annoyed watching on TV last night.

Yes it was. Its not at all like a baseball game. You might get unlucky like me piazza and get surrounded by inbred Dominicans. They will be extremely loud, have large signs, and bang on drums and s*** the entire game. It gets louder if.....anything at all happens. Strikeout, 2 strikes, walk, semi inside pitch, etc. Between innings they will stand up and play the same f***ing beat until the first pitch. They might sit down at that point. Who knows. s*** will be talked if anyone has anything american on. People will get annoyed and leave. Those empty seats will then be filled by more inbred Dominicans This will happen exponentially until, as far as you can see, there will be dancing retards not even paying attention to the game. They will be waving their friends to fill the recently abandoned seats. I even saw a 60 year old+ fat woman sitting on the lap of a 30 year old while they made out for a few minutes. It was probably his mom. Something is going to be thrown. Something will get spilled. There will probably be a fight. In the end you will have watched an hour of baseball.

This....

It wasn't that bad. It's a great atmosphere. Reminds me of winter league.

Bullshit.

Every game I've been to in DR is just as rowdy and fun. Maybe it was a little more intense because it's the WBC, but that's just how their fans enjoy the game. They would've still been in a good mood even if DR had lost because they're not uptight and are just trying to have a good time.

It's not a library. Make some noise and have fun.

It wasn't that bad. It's a great atmosphere. Reminds me of winter league.

bulls***.Actually, that's what the crowds are like most of the time in winter league.

I don't know about people apparently having sex, but the musical instruments/loud noises are popular.

The U.S. is basically the only place where people just sit down and do nothing until a run is scored or something. Even the crowds in Japan seem rowdier.

He's better than Bloomquist, but I think that both Zimmerman and Longoria are healthy now. Maybe their teams are being too cautious with them.

The teams dont want them to play and they can hold them out based on being injured.

It is what it is.

The USA doesnt take these games as seriously as the other countries. The approach that Torre has taken to make sure guys get work speaks volumes.

I also wouldnt really mind them ditching the regionalization for this thing in earlier rounds.

Or having host countries for the entire tournament at some point as well.

TBH, having the final rounds ALWAYS in the USA I think does an injustice to every other nation out there.

He's better than Bloomquist, but I think that both Zimmerman and Longoria are healthy now. Maybe their teams are being too cautious with them.

The teams dont want them to play and they can hold them out based on being injured.

It is what it is.

The USA doesnt take these games as seriously as the other countries. The approach that Torre has taken to make sure guys get work speaks volumes.

As I said, this is probably my biggest complaint with it. The tournament loses a little bit of legitimacy if the US doesn't take it seriously.

They fielded a great team--so it's by no means a total joke--but I think that it's probably the least representative of its available talent.

it may be unfair, but i think this is the only way you would see mlb players in this tournament.

it's hard to imagine the whole tournament in japan or italy in mid march.

This is fair, I think. Maybe the solution is to host the tournament in January or something in a domed stadium or a warm country.

it may be unfair, but i think this is the only way you would see mlb players in this tournament.

This is fair, I think. Maybe the solution is to host the tournament in January or something in a domed stadium or a warm country.

yes, maybe in the caribbean just after their series, mid february.

then so be it. mlb players from other countries would go. truth bomb.

mlb players from the usa might now, when they get embarassed completely, like the basketball players were then that would probably change.

then so be it. mlb players from other countries would go. truth bomb.

mlb players from the usa might now, when they get embarassed completely, like the basketball players were then that would probably change.

definitely. for example, hanley played the caribbean series so he could be ready for this tournament.

The reactions after the U.S. loses should be stupid and fantastic to read.

Anything can happen in a 1 game contest, but the US does have much better talent to draw from than PR does.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.