DOMA and Prop 8. And Stuff.

Dr Beinfest

Oh my god, please shut up. Go away. Nobody wants to hear your crap again and again and again.

We get it, you're some supposed self-made self-righteous self-driven middle-aged man who has nothing better to do with his life than to roam around web forums and attempt at being a mega-hipster with radically opposing views from the mainstream. Non-religious marriage defender, we get it. Go away.

To be fair, being against marriage equality is technically the mainstream view as it has gotten voted down repeatedly when put up to public vote.

Ironically, it is large liberal voting blocks for the Democratic party who by and large are almost entirely responsible for the equality laws being routinely voted down...the black and latino communities. Its why ridiculously liberal states like California and New York vote it down regularly.

I am indifferent to it. If people want to get married, let them. As long as it doesnt personally affect me I dont care what people do.Lets not pretend that religious organizations that should have no say have been dumping huge sums of money into getting those ballot measures to fail in New York and California.

But it also shows that democrats are capable of thinking for themselves unlike republicans who pride themselves on how frequently they vote with each other

Too bad you don't know what a logical fallacy is.

As for the slippery slope, we've been sliding down it for 50 years. Not to the betterment of civil society. That you, and I, for that matter, don't really care simply bodes ill for the next generation. They'll have to put up with or try to remedy the damage.

Oh but I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

Also, your posts don't contain any facts whatsoever, just one man's opinion. Everyone since the beginning of time has always thought each generation is more immoral than theirs.

I don't think it's a coincidence that I only hear this "our society is crumbling" routine when a Democrat is on the white house. Not that hyperbole is restricted to the GOP... but bible humpers tend to be predisposed to the idea of exaggeration.

• 2 months later...

so this was a thing in the news yesterday. DOMA struck down.

Everyone prepare for the gay police to break down your door and force you to gay marry them. Followed by some various animals and robots and sandwiches or something.

And then you'll all go out to a dance club.

So anyway, dibs on Amber Heard! Wait am I doing that wrong?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.