Post game MIA @ WAS 4-1-2013

Guys are we really arguing about cogs and Justin.

The funnier part is that there is a "Chris Coghlan is the Opening Day CF'er" where this grand debate could take place, but instead it clusters up this thread.

Nolasco didn't pitch that badly really.

Liked the pitching and defense. Offense was bad.

I would get used to the offense being like this.I came in expecting it. I think the starting pitching will be bad, though. On the bright side, the defense looks like it can be very good.

All in all a competitive effort by both pitching staffs, especially the starters...and an inept effort by both offenses with the exception of Bryce Harper. The Nats offense otherwise consisted of 3 singles. Our offense featured 2 singles and a double.I'd be more concerned if I was a Nats fan about offense. We already know our offense is sketchy outside of Stanton.

All in all a competitive effort by both pitching staffs, especially the starters...and an inept effort by both offenses with the exception of Bryce Harper. The Nats offense otherwise consisted of 3 singles. Our offense featured 2 singles and a double.I'd be more concerned if I was a Nats fan about offense. We already know our offense is sketchy outside of Stanton.

Good point. The Nats pitching will save them more often than not I believe.

Pitching and Defense, it looked better than I thought.

Offense would be key of this season but hitting has been a cycle of up and down, as you know.

So I think it's not afraid of it.

This year's team is going to be easy to criticize all season long, but let's not hold the players and coaches liable for the sins we see in the owners. It's better, if you're going to follow the team all year, to look to the minor accomplishments that are made that could lead to something down the road. It was nice today to see the team get through opening day as it's been a tumultuous winter. They could have melted down on the road against a strong opponent with their ace on the mound, in a stadium packed with excited fans. They hung in there and played decent defense. Nolasco pitched really well. The bullpen did well against some very good batters really trying to get that first hit of the season...Redmond handled things well.