April 4, 201313 yr - Defending division champs - Top pitching staff - Great defenders I CAN'T SEE WHY WE LOST! IT'S LORIA'S FAULT, THOUGH! Yes, I'm being sarcastic, dammit. Chill, people, it's game two. 160 to go. s***. The Marlins line-up might also be the worst in the league. Don't ignore that.
April 4, 201313 yr Stanton is 1 for 7 with 3 strikeouts and a walk. Somehow I don't think this team is running on all cylinders. So we're basically a one cylinder team? That cylinder being Stanton. We're like one of those little smart cars while teams like Was, Det, LA, and LAA are like a Ferrari or F350 super duty.
April 4, 201313 yr - Defending division champs - Top pitching staff - Great defenders I CAN'T SEE WHY WE LOST! IT'S LORIA'S FAULT, THOUGH! Yes, I'm being sarcastic, dammit. Chill, people, it's game two. 160 to go. s***. The Marlins line-up might also be the worst in the league. Don't ignore that. It basically is at this point...next worst is probably Colorado, but at least they have CarGo and Tulo. We have Stanton and a whole bunch of nothing.
April 4, 201313 yr - Defending division champs - Top pitching staff - Great defenders I CAN'T SEE WHY WE LOST! IT'S LORIA'S FAULT, THOUGH! Yes, I'm being sarcastic, dammit. Chill, people, it's game two. 160 to go. s***. The Marlins line-up might also be the worst in the league. Don't ignore that. Yeah, but everyone is freaking out over the fact we got shut out twice, ignoring the other fact that it was against two Cy Young candidates and one of the top 5 most dominant back-ends of any bullpen. Let's see how we do in New York before we flip out.
April 4, 201313 yr I forgot Washington had Zimmerman and Haren after Strasburgh and Gonzalez. Holy shit.
April 4, 201313 yr yeah the offense was pathetic. both times we had a chance we grounded into double plays. no morrison, mahoney, and now no kotchman. on top of that no eovaldi, alvarez, and turner was garbage. yelich, ozuna, and marisnick are starting on the dl. looking real good.
April 4, 201313 yr - Defending division champs - Top pitching staff - Great defenders I CAN'T SEE WHY WE LOST! IT'S LORIA'S FAULT, THOUGH! Yes, I'm being sarcastic, dammit. Chill, people, it's game two. 160 to go. s***. The Marlins line-up might also be the worst in the league. Don't ignore that. Yeah, but everyone is freaking out over the fact we got shut out twice, ignoring the other fact that it was against two Cy Young candidates and one of the top 5 most dominant back-ends of any bullpen. Let's see how we do in New York before we flip out. I lived through the fire sale of 1998. I lived through the fire sale of 2006. Fire sale this year. The fact that the owner thinks he is a GM. The fact that I'm getting to old for this:
April 4, 201313 yr It really is looking bleak this year. I was somewhat hopeful that many were being too pessimistic. I was going off their catching some lightning in the 2nd half of 2006 and thinking that Loria and company do know more than the amateurs that post on the board here. But the fact is, many who post on this board probably would be a not only a better owner, but a better GM's office as well. Just how low can it go with the Marlins before Selig will step in ?
April 4, 201313 yr We have the same number of wins as the blue jays! And the Yankees. Unlike the Yanks, we had a chance to win both games as well.
April 4, 201313 yr We have the same number of wins as the blue jays! And the Yankees. Unlike the Yanks, we had a chance to win both games as well.and somehow all these "it's only game two" ,"we faced two great pitchers", "yanks and bluejays also have two losses" is supposed to offer optimism or mask over the pure fact that we have a terrible team. I think that is all many of us are saying, without giving up our fandom.
April 4, 201313 yr It just means, chill out and stop overreacting, fans. Give it more than a pair of games. Dammit.
April 4, 201313 yr The worst part is the muts are 2-0. I'm going to be heckled more than usual this Saturday I think
April 4, 201313 yr We have the same number of wins as the blue jays! And the Yankees. Unlike the Yanks, we had a chance to win both games as well.and somehow all these "it's only game two" ,"we faced two great pitchers", "yanks and bluejays also have two losses" is supposed to offer optimism or mask over the pure fact that we have a terrible team. I think that is all many of us are saying, without giving up our fandom. It's not like they're being blown-out. The pitching was very good -- if you allow 2 earned runs per game you'd expect to win one of them. The defense generally has been pretty good. Ruggs caught a ball Cogs wouldn't have likely gotten to, he also doubled, I don't think it'll be too long before he has the full time job in CF. Stanton is a pitiful 1 for 7. The entire offense is struggling and choking with RISP. Ruggs came within 10 or so feet of tying the game. But, two games are meaningless. While nobody expects them to contend, they aren't "terrible" -- probably more like average over the year with the possibility of better things with Yelich et al later in the year. The Nationals -- expected to win the division -- ought to be more worried. 2.5 runs/game against what is supposed to be a last-place team with a bunch of guys on the DL? Oops.
April 4, 201313 yr The problem is not that the team lost 2 games to start the season against 2 really solid pitchers. In fact, if anything, I am pleasantly surprised by how good the Marlins pitching has been against a potent Nats lineup. The problem is 7 hits in 2 days, zero runs, and the absolute squandering of the few opportunities to score runs that have been there. You can also tell that Stanton is pressing...first pitch swinging at almost everything. Can we please bat Polanco 2nd, like he should be, and either put Ruggiano 4th or whomever is catching (Brantley/Olivo)?
April 4, 201313 yr The Coghlan/Ruggiano talent discrepancy is so large both offensively and defensively that it is utterly baffling the FO lets Cogs start.
April 4, 201313 yr Also, you guys can sugarcoat the first 2 games all you want, but history doesn't lie: "As it now stands, the Marlins are one of only 11 teams to suffer shutout losses in their first two games. And, according to Baseballreference.com, no team since 1916 has started a season by coming up completely empty in its first three games"
April 4, 201313 yr It just means, chill out and stop overreacting, fans. Give it more than a pair of games. Dammit. Overreaction is what we do. I am also pleasantly surprised over the good pitching effort, although Nolasco has the "Good" and "Bad" Ricky abilities. As the season progresses, if we remain offensively challenged, these pitchers are not good enough to have the extra pressure of shutting down teams just so we can stay in the game.
April 4, 201313 yr The Coghlan/Ruggiano talent discrepancy is so large both offensively and defensively that it is utterly baffling the FO lets Cogs start. But Coghlan had a decent spring!
April 4, 201313 yr Ruggiano is starting again today and vs a righty so that platoon may be overstated anyway.
April 4, 201313 yr - Defending division champs - Top pitching staff - Great defenders I CAN'T SEE WHY WE LOST! IT'S LORIA'S FAULT, THOUGH! Yes, I'm being sarcastic, dammit. Chill, people, it's game two. 160 to go. s***. The Marlins line-up might also be the worst in the league. Don't ignore that. Yeah, but everyone is freaking out over the fact we got shut out twice, ignoring the other fact that it was against two Cy Young candidates and one of the top 5 most dominant back-ends of any bullpen. Let's see how we do in New York before we flip out. This. We literally faced two of the top 10 starting pitchers in all of baseball... Chill out, everyone.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.