4/3 Post Game -- Too much fail

- Defending division champs

- Top pitching staff

- Great defenders

I CAN'T SEE WHY WE LOST! IT'S LORIA'S FAULT, THOUGH!

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, dammit. Chill, people, it's game two. 160 to go. s***.

The Marlins line-up might also be the worst in the league. Don't ignore that.

Stanton is 1 for 7 with 3 strikeouts and a walk. Somehow I don't think this team is running on all cylinders.

So we're basically a one cylinder team? That cylinder being Stanton. We're like one of those little smart cars while teams like Was, Det, LA, and LAA are like a Ferrari or F350 super duty.

- Top pitching staff

- Great defenders

Yes, I'm being sarcastic, dammit. Chill, people, it's game two. 160 to go. s***.

It basically is at this point...next worst is probably Colorado, but at least they have CarGo and Tulo. We have Stanton and a whole bunch of nothing.

- Top pitching staff

- Great defenders

Yeah, but everyone is freaking out over the fact we got shut out twice, ignoring the other fact that it was against two Cy Young candidates and one of the top 5 most dominant back-ends of any bullpen. Let's see how we do in New York before we flip out.

- Top pitching staff

- Great defenders

Yeah, but everyone is freaking out over the fact we got shut out twice, ignoring the other fact that it was against two Cy Young candidates and one of the top 5 most dominant back-ends of any bullpen. Let's see how we do in New York before we flip out.

I lived through the fire sale of 1998. I lived through the fire sale of 2006. Fire sale this year. The fact that the owner thinks he is a GM. The fact that I'm getting to old for this:

It really is looking bleak this year. I was somewhat hopeful that many were being too pessimistic. I was going off their catching some lightning in the 2nd half of 2006 and thinking that Loria and company do know more than the amateurs that post on the board here.

But the fact is, many who post on this board probably would be a not only a better owner, but a better GM's office as well.

Just how low can it go with the Marlins before Selig will step in ?

We have the same number of wins as the blue jays!

And the Yankees. Unlike the Yanks, we had a chance to win both games as well.and somehow all these "it's only game two" ,"we faced two great pitchers", "yanks and bluejays also have two losses" is supposed to offer optimism or mask over the pure fact that we have a terrible team. I think that is all many of us are saying, without giving up our fandom.

We have the same number of wins as the blue jays!

And the Yankees. Unlike the Yanks, we had a chance to win both games as well.and somehow all these "it's only game two" ,"we faced two great pitchers", "yanks and bluejays also have two losses" is supposed to offer optimism or mask over the pure fact that we have a terrible team. I think that is all many of us are saying, without giving up our fandom.

It's not like they're being blown-out. The pitching was very good -- if you allow 2 earned runs per game you'd expect to win one of them.

The defense generally has been pretty good. Ruggs caught a ball Cogs wouldn't have likely gotten to, he also doubled, I don't think it'll be too long before he has the full time job in CF.

Stanton is a pitiful 1 for 7. The entire offense is struggling and choking with RISP. Ruggs came within 10 or so feet of tying the game.

But, two games are meaningless. While nobody expects them to contend, they aren't "terrible" -- probably more like average over the year with the possibility of better things with Yelich et al later in the year.

The Nationals -- expected to win the division -- ought to be more worried. 2.5 runs/game against what is supposed to be a last-place team with a bunch of guys on the DL? Oops.

The problem is not that the team lost 2 games to start the season against 2 really solid pitchers. In fact, if anything, I am pleasantly surprised by how good the Marlins pitching has been against a potent Nats lineup. The problem is 7 hits in 2 days, zero runs, and the absolute squandering of the few opportunities to score runs that have been there. You can also tell that Stanton is pressing...first pitch swinging at almost everything. Can we please bat Polanco 2nd, like he should be, and either put Ruggiano 4th or whomever is catching (Brantley/Olivo)?

Also, you guys can sugarcoat the first 2 games all you want, but history doesn't lie:

"As it now stands, the Marlins are one of only 11 teams to suffer shutout losses in their first two games. And, according to Baseballreference.com, no team since 1916 has started a season by coming up completely empty in its first three games"

It just means, chill out and stop overreacting, fans. Give it more than a pair of games.

Dammit.

Overreaction is what we do. I am also pleasantly surprised over the good pitching effort, although Nolasco has the "Good" and "Bad" Ricky abilities. As the season progresses, if we remain offensively challenged, these pitchers are not good enough to have the extra pressure of shutting down teams just so we can stay in the game.

- Top pitching staff

- Great defenders

This. We literally faced two of the top 10 starting pitchers in all of baseball... Chill out, everyone.