Things are not as bad as they seem

I have seen zero improvement in doing the little things correctly that a small ball team needs to do. Until that happens...................

I agree with you. We just don't find ways to put the ball in play during the correct situation in the game. Moving the runner over, hustling through 1st base on a ground ball, etc. Fundamental ball...

Oh wait... This is what is normally learned in the minors. Gotcha...

Ok...things are as bad as they seem. I take it all back.

With our pitching faltering and the offense not getting any better, it will be a scary season. We now have the 27th worst team ERA, and our offense is in the gutter.

Serious question. Do you have rapid cycle bipolar disorder?

When it comes to sports....yes. Everything else not so much.

But in fairness, I think my opening post was well grounded. I was counting on pitching to keep performing and the offense to improve a little. However, while the offense has shown some promise at times, now pitching is beginning to tumble. I was not counting on that.

Eh, I'm not going to overreact to a "start from scratch" year. Should it have happened? Probably not. Not from scratch, anyway. I honestly don't think keeping most of last year's team would've left the team in much better shape at this point, though. So...... eh. I'll reserve anger for next year if complete stagnation holds.

Hmmm.

... people with rapid cycling bipolar disorder alternate between periods of hypomania and major depressive disorder. Far more commonly, though, depression dominates the picture. Repeated periods of depression are punctuated by infrequent, shorter periods of elevated mood.

Sounds like the diagnosis of this season -- lose 3 or 4 or 5 -- win 1. Never 2.

Rinse and repeat.

Paging Dr. Moe, Dr. Curly, Dr. Loria...