Play GM - Where would you play the kids?

With the Ozuna call-up comes speculation as to when the other kids get the call (as evident in recent threads here) ...based on our top prospects who are close to ready, how would you envision our near future "on-field" defensive look?

LF - Christian Yelich

CF - Ruggiano for now until Marisnick is ready after injury

RF - Marcell "OZ" Ozuna

3B - ??? Only spot I can't figure out ...Cox is hitting .300+ in AA but no power... Can Valaika play here until a better option?

SS - Hech

2B - Derek Dietrich

1B - Stanton - Hate to take his cannon out of right, but Ozuna can handle it and hopefully keeps Stanton off the DL more

C - Brantly

Add yours... discuss

Yelich to 1B, Ozuna to LF and leave Stanton in RF. Pretty sure Yelich came out of high school as a 1st Baseman / Outfielder while I dont think Stanton has ever played a lick of infield in his life.

Stanton being in the lineup is obviously contingent upon him not being traded. If he is traded I hope its for, at the minimum, a 3rd Baseman, 2nd Baseman and Pitching. Im still not sold on Dietrich as a long term MLBer. I hope he's not though because I cant stand to think we'd lose Miggy and Stanton (2 of the purist hitters of the modern era) within 6 years of each other.

I'd leave Stanton in right where he's solid defensively.

And I wouldn't waste Yelich's supposed defensive skills -- I've read he should be at least average in CF and likely above-average in LF -- at 1B. If you truly have a surplus of OF, either have one spot the others or trade them.

As much as I love Ruggiano, I don't think he has much of a future with the marlins (1. because he's getting up there in age and 2. because he's arb eligible next year and won't be cheap)...

I like lomo at 1b and think he'll do fine once its his full time position.

3B will either have to be a FA or we'll have to trade for one. No one in the farm is good enough.

As much as I love Ruggiano, I don't think he has much of a future with the marlins (1. because he's getting up there in age and 2. because he's arb eligible next year and won't be cheap)...

3B will either have to be a FA or we'll have to trade for one. No one in the farm is good enough.

I agree. This was the only position that was not a clear choice.

I also had Stanton move to 1B as more of a curiosity. Would he stay off the DL more if he wasn't in the outfield?

I agree. This was the only position that was not a clear choice.

I also had Stanton move to 1B as more of a curiosity. Would he stay off the DL more if he wasn't in the outfield?

Who knows. His latest "trip" to the DL was from running the 1st.

LF- Marisnick

CF- Ozuna

RF- Stanton

1b- Yelich

get Morrison the hell out of here.

Switch Marisnick and Ozuna, though. I know Ozuna has the cannon, but, y'know.

Or hey, keep Ozuna in right and put Stanton in left. When he does make fielding errors out there, they won't be as big as in right (mainly because the batter has less chance of getting to third). Yeah.

How soon in the future ? I would let them sit in the minors until September 1st, calling up only to fill in for people on DL, however on September 1st I would unveil the 2014 Marlins.For the rest of this season I would give LoMo another chance to see where he fits in this line up. If he doesn't prove himself out he goes with Cogs. As GM I would also have to take offers for Stanton (As a fan I hate this idea), that is only if I'm convinced that Ozuna, Marisnick and Yelich are my outfield.

I'd look to trade Stanton to, in part, fill our 3B needs. The only good FA 3B's we could go after are Headley and Sandoval - and that's in 2015. I think Dietrich is better suited for 2B, and we can fill an OF spot easier than we can 3B via free agency.

I'm starting to like Seattle's prospects better than Texas'. They absolutely need power, so I can see them giving us Walker, Hultzen+

Say they don't trade Stanton. I see this:

1B - LoMo

2B - Dietrich/Barnes

SS - Hechavarria

3B - Cox/Dietrich

LF - Ozuna/Marisnick

CF - Yelich

RF - Stanton

C - Brantly

I would wait until they've actually proven something before anointing them.

And if Yelich, Marisnick, and Ozuna are all for real, you trade Stanton for a surplus of prospects. No way any of these guys should play 1B. It would be a waste of athleticism and would diminish their value.

And if Yelich, Marisnick, and Ozuna are all for real, you trade Stanton for a surplus of prospects. No way any of these guys should play 1B. It would be a waste of athleticism and would diminish their value.

You gotta think that at least one of them won't pan out. Possibly 2. I'm not sold on Ozuna, and Marisnick is such a risk at this point..

But if you put one of them at first, you get to keep all four! The athleticism is still there, they'd be able to catch balls like the one Dobbs dropped yesterday in foul territory. Imagine an outfielder at first base who is used to going back on balls like that. Does it happen often? No. But, it's there. Plus, a stronger arm at first base is always a plus [like Todd Helton has].

You gotta think that at least one of them won't pan out. Possibly 2. I'm not sold on Ozuna, and Marisnick is such a risk at this point..

The one I would be least sold in is marisnick.

The one I would be least sold in is marisnick.

I agree marsinick is the least likely of ozuna,yelich marsinick to pan out.